VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's coming up for Winter here in Australia and I cannot find a nice pair of non-leather boots. I'm in love with the black, knee high, pointy toe boots with the cute heel and the tan ankle high boots, but I can't find them. I think designers need to think about us animal-loving fashion conscious peoples!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
this is a part way solution, its not too good but it might be ok with your belief system. You could by used boots especialy from a thrift store at least you wouldnt be directly supporting the industry. I don't know, just an idea.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I use to have so many links for stuff like that. My computer crashed and I lost them all. There are vegan boots like that out there, it just takes lots of searching.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i find it soooo easy to get non-leather shoes. maybe its different in different areas but i get mine all over, mostly cheaper mall and chain stores and stuff like that. payless is good too. although my new favorite shoes are on funkefeet.com, i love the platforms!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
maybe the key word is nice. I just asked at the store and got a cheap pair of shoes. If you don't care too much about what they look like, it's not too hard but I can see if you wanted somethign that specific that it might be.

good luck though, I'm sure there is something out there.

·
Registered
0 Posts
yeh i had trouble finding cheap shoes

got some converse allstars in the end which werent cheap but still they are slightly stylish (i like to think
p)

saw some real cute sandles on the net once. the soles were made outta reused tyres. expensive though.

anyone know where u can get the cheap?

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
I had trouble finding affordable ($20 US) tennis shoes when I went to buy a pair earlier this week. I ended up buying another pair of leather/man-made Starters from Wal-Mart. I was disappointed but I didn't feel like ordering a vegan pair online knowing how much they charge.

·
Registered
178 Posts
lol..i don't really have that problem. I have a few nicer pairs of shoes that are all fake leather but I hardly wear them. I am a flip-flop girl! And the $3 flip flops at target are the best hehehe...I wear them all year around unless it is raining or snowing (actually I did wear them a couple times when it was raining but that was an accident, rain started after I left)..this winter I only had to break down and wear regular shoes twice..man we had a sucky winter here!!!! lol

·
Registered
685 Posts
Skechers also makes some non-leather, stylish boots. Check out their website if you can't find them easily in your area.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CharityAJO

kpickell: Hit up Payless. Very cheap and hardly any real leather.
Thanks, I'll check em out next time I get shoes. (which will probably be sooner than I want to at the rate my current dog seems to chew on them).

·
Registered
428 Posts
I learned that lots of running shoes are vegan because they are made of a synthetic material that is lighter than leather. I have a pair of New Balance that are leather free. I also got a cheapo pair of sneakers at Target that are all man made. For dressier shoes I have several pairs that are micro-fiber that I like that are comfortable. You can find those in lots of places. Shoes were the hardest switch over for me when I stopped wearing leather.

Also, check out Goodwill stores. I got a brand new pair of Haflinger clogs (I swear they had never been worn!) for 3 dollars.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yeah some New Balance are vegan which I use to run in. Also Timberland makes some non-leather shoes as does GBX. I've found Converse All Stars to be great, but they are getting more and more expensive now as the kids are going back to wearing them. But since summer is coming, it's time for the flip-flops which are thankfully rubber
But being up north now, one has to compensate for the 6 months of coldness, so I'd second payless also.

Choi

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
funkefeet has such great stuff, thanks for posting that link. i soooo love the lace-up platforms
and only $40 (US)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts