VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you recommend literature about vegetarian pregnancies? Literature for vegetarians who are pregnant, that is.

I've just read the online article of PCRM and it's quite informative. And short - and I don't assume that there is THAT much more to it than a normal veg*n diet anyway...

Nevertheless maybe you know good books / articles / websites worth to check out and read. Stuff that helped you or friends with your/their pregnancy and such. If so, please post.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My sister just found out that she's pregnant.

Thanks for the references. Just wanted to know if there is some well known super good literature out there that I could buy right away to read+give to her, before doing the surfing/research thing myself.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
it sounds like you've found the resources i used on the web with my last vegan pregnancy. i'll do some searching for you, too...there's a great one that i can't remember the name of off the top of my head.

tell your sister to stay far, far, far away from the "what to expect when you're expecting" book. it's trash.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Susun Weeds book "Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year" is great.

Rose Elliot has a book called "THe Vegetarian Mother and Baby Book"

The book " Nursing Mothers Companion"

And one of my favorites is " Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron-this book has everything www.superbabyfood.com

Also www.vegfamily.com has a lot of great information.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all A LOT!!!

I will forward this information to her plus order a few books. I'll order them so I can read them before I give them to her. I'm a curious fella!

I will try to get her to sign up here . Problem is she has real crappy internet and she's all over the place...

·
Registered
0 Posts
This has nothing to do with being vegan, but I really liked The Baby Whisperer and The No Cry Sleep Solution. The second one is FANTASTIC because it teaches you how to teach your child how to fall asleep on its own with out resorting to letting them cry it out, which I find barbaric.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts