VeggieBoards banner

Is this normal? (sense of smell better after going veg*n)

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  AnneMaria 
#1 ·
It seems like my sense of smell has gotten better since I stopped eating meat. Some scents I would never notice, like the smell of certain fruits, or cooking meat, now assault my nose and it's a little overwhelming sometimes, especially meat. Has anyone else had the same experience? Perhaps it's normal, or might it be all in my head?

See less See more
#2 ·
I had noticed that too for awhile, and also not sure if there was a medical explanation or if it was in my head. I would go out walking every night and the smell of the car exhaust was very strong, and sometimes overwhelming. Not sure if it was a temporary thing or if I just got used to it.

#5 ·
I agree with the sensitivity towards the smell of meat. I think it's psychological. We teach ourselves that it's important we don't eat meat, so I guess whenever we smell meat we get extra alert.
Or maybe it's because we're not used to the smell and the taste of meat anymore, so it seems stronger to us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.