VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, these are the fast food places I usually go to...once or twice a month maybe. Do you know if their cheeses contain rennet. I'm not a vegan...just a vegetarian.

- Subway
- Pizza Hut
- Dominos (It says online that the mozerella cheese on the vegetarian pizza is free of animal rennet..bat has anyone heard otherwise?)
- Hungry Jacks ( I had their vegetarian burger last week and it was really yummy but after eating it I realised I didn't ask about the cheese!)
- Maccas ( I usually get cheeseburgers without the patty..so it's just cheese and pickles)

Also, are there any other fast food places like red rooster, KFC and places like that that offer vegetarain burgers? KFC sorta disgusts me..but I'd just like to know in case I was out with freinds and that's where everyone wants to go.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
0 Posts
i'm a waitress at pizza hut, the cheese doesn't have rennet in it. i ate it when i was vegetarian, now i'm vegan. can't really help with the other ones though sorry.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
I think that Domino's would be the ony one that you could rely on for being rennet-free. The others I'm not sure about because when I was a vego, I found the cheese to be so horrible I never ate it, so I never actually bothered to find out if it was vegetarian or not. Your best bet would be to email them direct.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Nishani

Yeah, Dominos says their Mozerella is rennet free on their website. I asked Subway if their cheeses contain rennet and the lady checked and said that it did in fact have rennet. SAD

·
Registered
814 Posts
McD cheese is not veg*n (my nephew works there and checked) and as HJ's use the same supplier you could safely assume theirs does too.

The Dominos mozzerella is rennet free but they used to mix their mozzerella with tasty cheese so I wouldn't be too sure.

I just called the local subway and they said the packaging says enzymes but does not say from what origin. In my experience usually if it is veg*n it is specified. However you could send an email to their head office.

No idea about Pizza Ht. Their food used to turn my stomach before I became veg*n.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts