VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

First off, I'm new here, so sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place or making any mistakes.

Right, to the point. I bought the cutest bag I've ever seen from H&M, and I'm not sure if it's faux leather or not. It has a little tag inside that says the coating is polyurethane. My mom said that it's obviously not real leather, but I'm still a bit scared that it might be. It does say it was made in China, and knowing the law about animal testing over there worries me. Do they use vegan leather? Is my cat bag made from an actual cat? D:
Is my bag vegan or not?

Please help me.

P.S. It's a small bag that has cat ears and eyes embroided in it. In case anyone's curious.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you know the brand of the bag? If you know the brand, you could likely contact the company itself and ask them directly.

It looks as though polyurethane is not made from animals...so vegan in that sense. That said, though, the biodegradability of polyurethane is terrible and might not be considered "vegan" from an environmental standpoint.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Your best bet is to contact H&M to find out, but it sounds like it's PU coating on a fabric backing. It would be pretty rare to find a PU coating on leather at H&M's price points. It's sometimes done on furniture and other home decor. I think you're safe ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
Since leather is the more sought after material it's unlikely a company would miss the opportunity to label a product as leather.

As for environmently sustainable better choices would be fibers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts