VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My favorite music is metal, and the best way to listen to it as as loud as possible. so i got recently new speakers and i do it all the time. now my cats usually run away (which makes me feel kind of bad since they are in my room 99% of the time, it is more their room than mine, lol) but sometimes they stay there and i wonder if it maybe damaging their hearing or anything. should i just get them out of the room before i turn on my speakers?

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Since cats have better hearing than people, then I think it'd be more damaging to human ears than cats'.
My cat sleeps right in front of the tv speakers, and I turn my tv really loud because my bed has my bad ear facing the tv, and she doesn't care at all but can hear fine and is still very alert, so it should be fine, especially if they aren't even that close to the speakers.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Cats do have sensitive ears, but I guess you can trust them to make their own choices about what they can tolerate. As long as you aren't locking them in the room with you and they have the option to leave if they don't like it I don't see a problem.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I think my animals to like certain music genres more than others but maybe i'm crazy lol. I agree with Jess and werewolfgirl if you're cats didn't like the music they would just leave.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegansarawr View Post

I think my animals to like certain music genres more than others but maybe i'm crazy lol. I agree with Jess and werewolfgirl if you're cats didn't like the music they would just leave.
There's certain music that I think my cat prefers too. I've tested it by playing the same song on different occasions and she's always lifted up her head and looks like she's enjoying it. I might be crazy too, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts