VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon after the tragedy in Japan, I bought stock in a solar company, thinking it would get a bump, as people would be turned off to nuclear power for a while. I felt bad about thinking in that way, even though my plan was to give all of the profits to a Japanese charity, which I did. Plus my bf's company gives 2 for 1, so my donation was tripled. I thought that I would feel good about it, but I don't. I feel a small amount of guilt or shame, maybe both. It's like I have a knack for collecting questionable money and even when I do something good with it, I still feel bad for some reason.

I don't usually feel bad for no reason, so please tell me, is there anything wrong with what I did, or my thought process?

Thank you!

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Guilt is a useless emotion. It serves no one, least of all the ones who matter.

Why would you feel guilty about helping others?

Can you share your 'knack' with me? I could use some good money mojo.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't feel guilty about helping people. I feel guilty about making money off of a tragedy (even though I didn't keep it).

I'm not sure that I'm confident enough to give stock market advice to anyone else. I have my own crazy system that makes sense to no one but me and I got a very rough start. I began with $6,000, which I quickly turned into $2,000 in just a few short months. I almost gave up right then. But, I didn't and within a year that $2,000 had become $17,000, only to become $10,000...etc. I play with some risky sh*t.

Right now I'm heavily invested in Chinese stocks. BIDU is a favorite of mine, but I would wait for a drop before buying more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.