VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, hello. I'm Chelsea, and I just turned 16 a week ago (July 7), and went vegan a couple days before that. I hadn't been a vegetarian that long before I went vegan (about a week or so), but I decided that I really wanted to. I've been lurking and reading posts here for awhile, so I finally decided to register.

I went vegetarian once before, a couple days after my 15th birthday, but I started eating meat again in November when I was hospitalized for Anorexia. (I'm doing much better now though
) I continued to eat meat after getting out, but I decided that I couldn't eat animals anymore. I also started looking into veganism after becoming vegetarian again...I first gave up dairy, and found out that "Hey, I can breathe through my nose now!" Eggs weren't that bad to give up either.

Well, sorry for rambling on. I hope to make some new friends here, and hope that another newbie here doesn't annoy you.

EDIT - Oh, and don't get scared off by my screen names in my profile..."Hunter's Cissy" means that I have an older brother named Hunter

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Welcome. I hope you enjoy it around here. The people are all very friendly. You may want to check out the healthy living board as there are several people there who have or are struggling with eating disorders.

Enjoy and congrats on your new lifestyle

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1vegan - I'm doing *really really* well now. I'm eating regularly, exercising enough, but not too much, and trying lots of new foods. I've gained a third of the weight I lost (About 5 lbs - I only lost 15, but I started out at 95
)

You all seem like really friendly people. Thanks for the warm welcome, and thanks for the belated b-day hopi!

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alpaca guy - He's named Hunter after Hunter S. Thompson, the writer. And I LOVE the avatar. Alpacas are awesome.

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi cissy... i loved reading your post... you sound like an amazing young woman. you have alot to offer and i look forward to chatting with you on the boards!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts