VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first real post and it's not strictly about vegetarianism, but I think it might be of interest to this gang.<br><br><br><br>
Last night I read a book cover-to-cover called Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. It's about a man who decides to live off the land in Alaska for one summer and what happened to him. The cover and jacket blurb make it sound like it's a grisly tale, but it really isn't.<br><br><br><br>
It's fascinating to read what motivated this guy to want to give up his possessions, burn his money, and live in the wild. Plants play a role. (He does hunt and eat meat as well.)<br><br><br><br>
If you are looking for a captiving book, this is it.<br><br><br><br>
Roo<br><br><a href="http://plussign.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">Consider yourself invited to my blog</a>

·
Registered
319 Posts
I read that a couple of years ago. While it was an interesting book, I was kind of disturbed by it, mostly becuase it was about real events.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Terrestial TV (ordinary no frills tv) Channel4 on LATE tonght (very early morning)<br><br><br><br><div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">3.10am Escape to Alaska<br><br>
Edinburgh man Guy Grieve attempts to set up a new life in Alaska, trying his hand at building a log cabin in the forest and trading his car for a pack of huskies.</div>
</div>
<br>

·
Registered
245 Posts
I read that book a couple years ago too, although I did enjoy it, it certainly didn't make "My Best Book List".<br><br>
I am from the Yukon, so I was quite interested in that story.<br><br><br><br>
Whatever happened to the "So what have we been reading" thread anyway? That was my fave, surprised to see a thread like that lose the interest from VBers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts