VeggieBoards banner

Interviews going on Hiatus

8K views 36 replies 24 participants last post by  karenlovessnow 
#1 ·
Thanks everyone for participating in our VB Star of the Week interviews. They've been running regularly for almost a year now! (PuppetMaster and I took over running them in January).

Due to the fact that it the regular participants and interested parties in the interviews have all gotten a chance to be interviewed (someone please correct me if I'm missing anyone), we are going to stop doing interviews for a little while. It seems that interest in them is cyclical, and maybe when we have a crop of new, enthusiastic members, it will make sense to start them again.

I hope you all had fun getting to know each other! I definitely did.

ETA: Our interview of Sadie P is not quite over. So you can get your last bit of interviewing in before we take it away.

See less See more
#10 ·
I never did, but that's fine

#14 ·
I think it's a very good idea to take an occasional hiatus from the interviews. After a while, interest seems to wane and I always feel bad when somebody gets spotlighted and not so many people show up with questions. I do hope they understand though that it is not personal, but merely that interest in the interviews themselves seem to lessen over time.

#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

I think it's a very good idea to take an occasional hiatus from the interviews. After a while, interest seems to wane and I always feel bad when somebody gets spotlighted and not so many people show up with questions. I do hope they understand though that it is not personal, but merely that interest in the interviews themselves seem to lessen over time.
Yarp.

BTW, did you ever find anyone who believed in big foot or the loch ness monster?

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

I do not recognize you with your new avatar. On the first page I saw you had last posted in here, so I figured it was a new post, and then I come in here and keep looking around for you. I just barely realized you just changed your avatar.
That always happen, another thing is when someone changes their screen name boards like these.

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

I do not recognize you with your new avatar. On the first page I saw you had last posted in here, so I figured it was a new post, and then I come in here and keep looking around for you. I just barely realized you just changed your avatar.
It's me! I'll go back to my own face once Christmas is over.

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

I never did, but that's fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

Same here, and I've been here 6 years-ish.

Did you guys participate a lot and ask questions to the person being interviewed every week? In order to be selected you had to ask questions to the star of the week and the star of the week got to choose who would be interviewed next based on the list of people that asked him/her questions (as long as they weren't interviewed the past).

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Did you guys participate a lot and ask questions to the person being interviewed every week? In order to be selected you had to ask questions to the star of the week and the star of the week got to choose who would be interviewed next based on the list of people that asked him/her questions (as long as they weren't interviewed the past).
It's still a popularity contest...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.