VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to decide whether to keep or can the interview thread.

Here are the original rules:

Every few days to a week (depending on how it goes), one VeggieBoard member will be chosen to be interviewed. People are chosen through a process of voting. In the first post of each interview thread a due date for new votes will be announced. Every person is entitled to one vote per interview. Do not post your vote in this thread. PM it to me. The next interview will be of the person who received the most votes. If there is a tie, I will randomly choose one. This is not about popularity. It is preferred that you nominate someone that you do not know very well as the purpose of this thread is to get to know new people. You can nominate yourself if you wish.

If the person chosen does not want to be interviewed, they may decline. The person closest to them in votes will get the interview. If you do not want to be interviewed, you can also pm me to let me know and I will omit the votes given for you and ask that the person vote for someone else.

Everyone can ask the person one question. Of course, nobody is required to answer a question that they do not want to. This is intended to be a friendly thread, so please dont ask anything in a purposeful attempt to get a heated debate. You could always start an interview thread in the compost heap for stuff like that.

Try to keep this thread about the person being interviewed. If you want to comment about things you discover you have in common or just elaborate on a response, pm them and make a new friend or start a new thread about it.

The person in the spotlight is STRONGLY encouraged to post a picture of his or her self.

These are general questions that will be asked at the start of each interview:

Birthday:

Astrological Sign:

Dietary Path:

Brief Intro:

What should be changed?

If we do keep the thread going, I think we should really make a point of sticking to the one question per person per interview rule.

Another thing that has been brought to my attention is privacy issues. Any information you post in a thread is visible to complete strangers. So in doing so you are taking a risk.

Is it worth keeping around?

If it is, how should it work?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I vote let's keep it, but each interviewee gets his/her own thread. If you're just not interested in learning about a particular person, it's easier to avoid I guess.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
I think its mostly a good idea so long as its not overly invasive and kept strictly friendly, and whichever things are declined by the interviewee, should be accepted and the person therefore not be harrassed or pressured into giving information that they would rather keep private/(or otherly disclosed privately thru PMs)

..etc.

You have a good handle on this Erin!... My vote is YES for the idea

on the basis of seeing how it goes
(but I have not decided yet

whether I personally will subsrcibe to all the questions, if at all).

·
Registered
892 Posts
i really liked it. i don't think other people will get bombarded as much as Michael did. Michael is technically God in veggieboard world. He controls all, sees all, knows all. Rverybody wants to know about him. I do agree that we should limit it to one question per person however because i felt a little sorry for Michael with all the questions he had to answer.He was probably pretty busy keeping up with all our questions.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
keep doing it! I liked reading Michaels responses, and I'm interested to know more about the others on the boards.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Of course, I'm itching to be interviewed, too.
Yikes, did I just agree with Tame?

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Tame

I'm just waiting to get interviewed!!!
Then start rallying for votes!

Votes for the next interview are due by Tuesday, July 1st.

Remember, you only get one vote per interview. If any one person sends me more than that, I will only count the first name they give.

Since Michael has already been interviewed, please do not vote for him again.

In each new interview thread, I can post a list of who you shouldn't vote for. So if any of you do NOT want to be interviewed, please pm me and let me know. So far, only Alpaca has sent me a message asking not be interviewed.

Should we keep doing votes as we have been (I haven't received very many) or a new way?

How long should an interview thread last?

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Well, here are my thoughts...

I think it should keep going. But in order to avoid confusion I think the thread should be locked and/or removed once the person's time is up.

We also need people to go along with the one question limit! It was fun at first but yikes!

I also like my idea of the person who was interviewed picking the next person. I think it would increase the chance we'd get someone that wouldn't normally win what is basically a popularity contest (which makes me wonder how I ever got picked first).

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael

I also like my idea of the person who was interviewed picking the next person. I think it would increase the chance we'd get someone that wouldn't normally win what is basically a popularity contest (which makes me wonder how I ever got picked first).
Sounds good. You are a genius. (Now pick me!)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
But then, Michael, there's an awful lot of pressure on the person who has to pick the next interviewee. For those of us with lots of friends on here, it could be really hard, as I'm sure you know.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.