VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was doing window updates, it updated my version of Internet Explorer from 6 to 7. I don't like the new one, and I just want what I'm used to back. How can I change it back to 6?

·
3,936 Posts
when I upgraded to IE7 the outlook express button had gone, I now have to go through the 'start' button to get to outlook and my emails.

I don't know if this will work but windows has a 'system restore' function where you can reset you computer to the state it was on set dates in the past month or so. I used this function when I downloaded some malwear that changed my home page and shoved loads of fake 'you have a trogan' pop ups at me, well it worked so this might get back IE6 for you

click on 'start'

then click on 'help and support'

under 'pick a task' select 'undo changes -......-system restore'

and the choose a date that you would like your system to be restored to.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I uninstalled IE and reinstalled the version 6..I tried to do this before posting but the site kept trying to install 7 over and over. I finally found a 6 site. So thanks Blobbenstein, but I fixed it a few minutes after posting. So mods feel free to delete this.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

People still use Internet Explorer?
Are you sure?
Yes, it's terrible, they also support a convicted monopoly. People should stop using Windows based just on security problems alone, my brother uses it, but whenever he has to do internet banking, he asks if he can use one of my GNU/Linux machines.

Switch to firefox, stop using IE, it's utterly terrible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.