VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
OMG just what I was going to post. It made it into the newspaper with this story...

Children with high IQs are more likely to be vegetarians as adults, according to research reported yeaterday.

A British study of more than 8000 men and women aged 30 whose IQs had been measured when they were 10, showed the higher the IQ, the greater the odds of being a vegetarian.

The findings were consistent with other studies showing people who are more intelligent tend to eat a healthier diet and exercise more.

Sorry I couldn't find a link (Had to type it straight out of the paper). It was really small, but I still showed it to my parents to try and make them see its not a dumb idea. Guess it just shows, we aren't so dumb for our diet choices.

oh, whoops, in another thread. Ill go post there now.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey, that makes me a super genius... I wanted to be veggie at the age of 6...

YAY FOR THE GENII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...udy/article.do

"There was no difference in IQ between strict vegetarians and those who classed themselves as veggie but still ate fish or chicken.

However, vegans - vegetarians who also avoid dairy products - scored significantly lower, averaging an IQ score of 95 at the age of 10."

This is bad for vegans because, as we all know, having an IQ lower than 100 makes you a huge idiot and you're only really worthy of taking up space on this planet if your IQ is higher than 100.

That's sarcasm.

·
Registered
306 Posts
"Intelligent children are more likely to become vegetarians later in life"? Must have been what happened to me. When I was younger, my reading scores were and speeds were quadruple the standard, and I scored above average on IQ tests. My comprehension wasn't the best, though, nor were my mathematics. But today, I score higher than almost all the kids in every one of my classes........Excluding geometry, lol!

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Oog! Me vegan big brow with club. No hurt animal with club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineonyou View Post

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...udy/article.do

"There was no difference in IQ between strict vegetarians and those who classed themselves as veggie but still ate fish or chicken.

However, vegans - vegetarians who also avoid dairy products - scored significantly lower, averaging an IQ score of 95 at the age of 10."

This is bad for vegans because, as we all know, having an IQ lower than 100 makes you a huge idiot and you're only really worthy of taking up space on this planet if your IQ is higher than 100.

That's sarcasm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts