VeggieBoards banner

281 - 284 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
So the ambien worked out well for the one day, and I was good the following night, but now I'm messed up again. I think I really just need to exercise hard tomorrow to wear myself down, and don't let myself nap during the day. That way, I'll conk out at the right time of night.

It doesn't help that I bought a new cell phone that started beeping for stupid reasons when I was trying to sleep tonight, so I had to get up and google the problem to make it stop.

--Fromper
:juggle:

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
It doesn't help that I bought a new cell phone that started beeping for stupid reasons when I was trying to sleep tonight, so I had to get up and google the problem to make it stop.
Reminds me of when I bought a new watch with loads of functions/buttons, many years ago. I was all excited about buying it so went into a Wimpy Bar to check it out. I don't know what button(s) I'd pressed but all of a sudden it was bleeping away, much to the annoyance of the other customers. And the instruction sheet with tiny writing in 5 languages, was not much help. Result = one wasted coffee after I exited the Wimpy Bar to find a more private area...:D

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
GAH!!! It's 2 AM right now!

I've actually been relatively on track lately, and I even exercised today, so I should be worn out enough to sleep easily, but it just isn't happening.

--Fromper
:juggle:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Short-term insomnia is described as insomnia that lasts three months or less and is caused by stressors. The following are examples of possible stressors: Modifications to the sleeping environment (temperature, light, noise) Loss of a loved one, divorce, or work loss may all cause stress. Acute, transient, and chronic insomnia are the three forms of insomnia. Insomnia is characterized as trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking up.

Insomnia is characterized as a recurrent problem with sleep initiation, maintenance, consolidation, or quality that occurs despite sufficient sleep time and opportunity and causes some sort of daytime disability.

281 - 284 of 284 Posts