1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
....Wha?

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
That should never happen. But in canada, aren't only certain hospitals eqiupped to do certsin things? I work in the states, where all the hospitals have the equipment and staff for a trauma but im not sure in canada.

In my hospital, a visitor had an anaphylactic reaction to a food, and I sent her daughter to get her epipen. I would have administered it if it hadnt been 2 years expired. We had of course called transport and she was taken to the ER and was fine. I could have been sued if I gave her the shot, BTW.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

That should never happen. But in canada, aren't only certain hospitals eqiupped to do certsin things? I work in the states, where all the hospitals have the equipment and staff for a trauma but im not sure in canada.

In my hospital, a visitor had an anaphylactic reaction to a food, and I sent her daughter to get her epipen. I would have administered it if it hadnt been 2 years expired. We had of course called transport and she was taken to the ER and was fine. I could have been sued if I gave her the shot, BTW.
This is definitely true, but even if they didn't have the equipment, she should have at least been moved off the floor, properly bandaged and assessed, and then moved to another hospital if need be.

Leaving an old lady on the floor is just rude.

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Apparently, hospital staff wrongly thought they would not be covered by insurance if they treated a patient outside a hospital building.Apparently, hospital staff wrongly thought they would not be covered by insurance if they treated a patient outside a hospital building.
So much for the hypocritic oath or whatever it is the medical bods are supposed to take.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless Git View Post

So much for the hypocritic oath or whatever it is the medical bods are supposed to take.
Yup, possibly losing your career is an awesome risk to take.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
wow....what a shocker

peace & quiet please

1 - 10 of 10 Posts