VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a website or any other source that supplies animal ingredients that I can avoid? I know gelatin is one..but unfortunantly that is all I know. Sorry if I may be repeating a previous post...

Also, does anyone know if they sell 1 gallon size soymilk any where? The largest I've seen is the half gallon size (the 8th Continent) which tastes pretty good...but I drink like half a container in 1 day. I know they sell soy powder...but does that taste good? Please help me if ya can

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
I'm working on it. Earthly Origin of Commercial Materials Educational Organization is limited, but accurate. I've found most of the lists on other web sites to be full of errors. It looks like people have been copying one erroneous list from site to site, and then make slight changes, or additions, to it.

For example lactic acid -- commercial soruces are always non-animal. I've seen about 5 lists that say it's often animal.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8th Continent is not vegan, the stuff is made by Dupont and the D3 is animal derived. Sorry. Go for the Silk or the Sun Soy, available at any Walmart. I have never tried soymilk powder made into soy milk, I always add it to soy shakes to make them thicker. Shannon

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Silk is terrific. I buy that all the time. I was buying the small one quart containers for a long time, then felt guilty about the garbage I was creating, so I changed to a container I could recycle.

I've only seen half gallon sized. You should write to Silk though and ask them to make larger sizes. The more requests they get for it, the more likely it'll happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts