VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the back of packages, you will see that the product that you buy says "this product has been stored and processed in a facility with other foods including milk. Is this a concern with vegans?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I think it's a warning intended more for people who may have certain food allergies.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's a concern for some vegans. Some won't eat packaged foods that say "may contain traces of dairy/egg/etc", "made in the same facility as dairy", etc. As for me, I'm vegan but I don't worry about it. I'll still eat it.

Although as Amy said, it's mostly intended as a warning for people with food allergies.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
I eat things made/packaged in a facility processing non-vegan things, because it doesn't add to demand for those things. Some vegans don't.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Tbh i don't care less about it. Most of the time the 'this product may contain traces of..' labels are just there to cover the company that produces it. The liklihood of it actually containing whatever it says it may contain is minimal. Unless you have a serious allergy I wouldnt even take any notice of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts