VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
<span style="color:#008000;">Isn't that the theme from <i>Last of the Mohicans</i>?<br><br><br><br>
It was interesting. Thanks for posting it.</span>

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
How is it possible for a computer to surpass the computing powers of the human brain if it is created by people, who happen to have human brains which have a certain compuring power? It's like pouring warm water into a tub of cold water and expecting to get hot water.

·
Registered
318 Posts
A human brain does not correlate directly to the manufacturing of a computer chip. The chips manufactured today contain the combined effort and knowledge of man-hour equivalents to millions of brains during the development lifecycle of that single chip. Not to mention, it's prcessing power is increased simply by being able to fit more of the same miniature circuitry in the same area. So all they have to so is make it smaller and they can fit more in. Then they can make the computer have more than one chip if they want. And so forth.<br><br><br><br>
There are still ways of processing information that our modern electrical ciruit binary computers are not as efficient at as the human brain. But by making them faster, you can make them get at the answer faster, but the cost of doing so still involves more than the brain. Quantum computers are much faster at certain operations than the good old-fashioned modern day computer (and vice-versa), and perhaps the combination of these two can ultimately challenge the human brain? We'll have to wait and see. It took over 50 years of 20th century computing technology to finally beat humans at chess, although my Atari whipped my ass way back in the 70's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts