VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about this whole 'why are you a vege' question, and found the post on easting fish in the newbie section interesting. The way I see it, there are 2 reasons to be a vege: health reasons and conscious reasons. So, here is a little poll:

Are you a vege for:

1. Health reasons with conscious reasons being a nice extra, or

2. Conscious reasons with health reasons being a nice extra?

I am a 1...

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
I'm neither. It's for "conscious reasons" (only a shrink would know about the unconscious ones..) and health doesn't play any role in it. I eat a very unhealthy diet, just like I did when I was omni.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
People, people. For the last time, I'm in it for the hummus! Please stop asking. :hummus:

So, yeah. Hummus first, reasons of conscience, health, and the environment are just nice extras.

I've never before seen a poll so informal as to not exist.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I'm a veg because I like being healthy, and because I want the animals I don't eat to remain conscious. So I guess it's 50/50, and that's why I choose option #3.

Of course, there IS no option #3, but if there was, it would be the 50/50.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Hummus sucks btw, it sucks big time.
You, sir are a liar, a heretic, a blasphemer, a deceiver, and you're officially on notice.

Tip of the hat to hummus.

Wag of my finger to evil clowns.

Which, technically, is all of them. Clowns suck big time!

Attachment 2635

·
Registered
995 Posts
You forgot eocologically conscious vegetarian though health is an added bonus.

Animal rights do not play any part in my diet.

So I guess I am none of the above options really but since those are the only two offered I suppose I ahve to choose a 2.

BTW were is the poll?

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

You, sir are a liar, a heretic, a blasphemer, a deceiver, and you're on my list.

Tip of the hat to hummus.

Wag of my finger to evil clowns.

Which, technically, is all of them. Clowns suck big time!

Attachment 2635
Bah. I tried making hummus myself - it was crap. I've also tried store-bought hummus - it was crap. It's like a couple of days old dry pea soup with random spices thrown in.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Probably not, unless it's an UK brand (UK brands being what some Scandinavian HFS's like to carry).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry, no real poll, hence the informality of it all. Just curious as to what people have to say.

BTW, I love hummus, but ate it as an omni as well, so I am not sure I would call it a reason to be a vege. Unless, of course, all you ate was hummus, then you would be one by default.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tildenm View Post

Sorry, no real poll, hence the informality of it all. Just curious as to what people have to say.

BTW, I love hummus, but ate it as an omni as well, so I am not sure I would call it a reason to be a vege. Unless, of course, all you ate was hummus, then you would be one by default.
No, you're on the right track there.

I think we can pretty much refer to JC as a hummusitarian pretty soon.

I'm also told hummus can be a good remedy if you're feeling particularly peckish.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts