VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I don't live in Indiana, but my section of Ohio isn't too far away. That is, depending on which part of Indiana.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Okay ... hmmm ... I was born in Evansville ... but moved away at the age of 3.

27 years later, I met my husband, who lived in Palmyra (po-dunk town) and we married and moved out there.

More recently, we moved to New Albany, which, although is in Indaiana, is considered part of the Louisville, Kentucky area.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Can anyone tell me how it is in Merrillville/Crown Point IN? I will be moving there in 2 weeks and was just wondering how it is there.

I currently live in Chicago and I will be commuting back and forth from IN to work.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Hi Hoosiers,

I was looking at this site:

http://www.vegetarian-restaurants.net/usa/Indiana.htm

It lists vegetarian- and vegan-friendly restaurants and stores in Indiana. (Other states and countries also.) Anyway, I scrolled through the whole list, and I can only find one completely vegetarian restaurant in the entire state: Udupi Cafe, an Indian restaurant in Indianapolis.

Of course, this list many not be complete. Does anyone know of any others?

Has anyone been to Udupi Cafe? I definitely plan to visit it. (Hopefully the site is up-to-date and the restaurant still exists!) I love Indian food and I'd love to go somewhere where I could choose anything on the menu I want!

One last thing: I read recently in the Bloomington paper that a vegetarian restaurant is interested in the property that Boca Loca is in now. I hope they get it! I can't believe there isn't already a vegetarian restaurant in Bloomington.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Borealis,

It's about time a vegetarian restaurant opened in Bloomington! Encore Cafe is partially vegetarian and for the price I find their food to be mediocre at best.

Also, I am at a loss for any completley vegetarian restaurants in Indiana, I can only think of vegetarian friendly places to dine. In Indianpolis there is the Abbey, here in Bloomington there is Cafe Django (85% of thier menu is veg*n) and Laughing Planet. I'm suprised those didn't make the list.

Also, I have seen flyers for vegetarian potlucks. I was thinking about checking one out.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Borelis

The Wild Oats Market here in Indianapolis has a restaurant in it and some of their items are vegetarian. I believe there are even a couple of things marked vegan, however I haven't investigated too much. I am trying to find more vegetarian restaurants in Indy (if they exist) so if anyone knows of anymore, please share with the rest of the class

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
There hasn't been a post in this thread for three months! What do you say some people from Indiana get together and go to the Udupi Cafe or some restaurant further north, if that's more convenient? It appears so far that we have Indianapolis area folks, Terre Haute, South Bend, Anderson, and then northwest corner folks. It seems that Indy would be a drive for some people but convenient for others. I live in the Indy area but would be willing to drive. In fact, I have relatives in northwest Indiana and I'm kind of familiar with South Bend. Oh, we can't forget the people who live 5 miles from Indiana, either.

So what do you say, guys?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artichoke47 View Post

There hasn't been a post in this thread for three months! What do you say some people from Indiana get together and go to the Udupi Cafe or some restaurant further north, if that's more convenient? It appears so far that we have Indianapolis area folks, Terre Haute, South Bend, Anderson, and then northwest corner folks. It seems that Indy would be a drive for some people but convenient for others. I live in the Indy area but would be willing to drive. In fact, I have relatives in northwest Indiana and I'm kind of familiar with South Bend. Oh, we can't forget the people who live 5 miles from Indiana, either.

So what do you say, guys?
I'm in Bloomington and I have always wanted to try the Udupi Cafe! I say say hell yeah!

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
*Posting another topic to move this to the top of the US list to catch people's eyes*

This forum has gone back to work after being retired for many years.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.