VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have this thing where I can't make decisions.... When I have to, I simply freak, especially when the options are mutually exclusive. Like when people ask me to pick a number 1 to 10... I sit there and contemplate what the best choice would be. I once had a nervous breakdown (well....close to at least) when i had to decide whether or not to take a class...

This problem seems to be getting a lot worse as time goes by, and I'd really appreciate some advice on how I could possibly make decisions without having near breakdowns every time. I mean, I simply lose it, and as I get older, the decisions are going to get bigger and bigger, and harder to make, and I'm worried that one day I may just snap....

So please help!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeah, forgot to mention.... then once the decision is made, I regret no matter what I do and spaz because I hadn't thought enough on the issue...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but I don't know what 'medical help' I'd seek! I mean... what would I say to the rents? "Hey, can I go to a doc... I freak too much" ha! they'd just sigh and tell me to drop some stuff that I do and calm down...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys.... cuz this is getting way out of hand... because now my grades are suffering because I'm so stressed out all of the time.... oh god.... not looking forward to when my parents see my latest grades.... they're going to kill me! (I've always been their perfect little daughter and it makes them really mad that I'm not so perfect anymore)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha, actually I don't.... I'll flip a coin.... not get the answer I wanted, so I flip until I get /that/ answer..... then I decide I don't want that one either, so I just keep flipping....

or, as it's coming down, I'll say "oh! Choice A, please", then as it lands, I'll be sitting there "but then again...." I'm second guessing myself 24-7.....

but yeah, seeing the disappointment on my parents' faces is deadly! I just wish I could be their perfect little girl again.... I'm tired of being a screw-up.... they don't admit it, but that's what i am....

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh, they're more than willing to tell anyone who'll listen what a great kid I am.... it's just when we're home that they look disappointed in what I'm becoming

1 - 7 of 7 Posts