VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have this thing where I can't make decisions.... When I have to, I simply freak, especially when the options are mutually exclusive. Like when people ask me to pick a number 1 to 10... I sit there and contemplate what the best choice would be. I once had a nervous breakdown (well....close to at least) when i had to decide whether or not to take a class...

This problem seems to be getting a lot worse as time goes by, and I'd really appreciate some advice on how I could possibly make decisions without having near breakdowns every time. I mean, I simply lose it, and as I get older, the decisions are going to get bigger and bigger, and harder to make, and I'm worried that one day I may just snap....

So please help!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but I don't know what 'medical help' I'd seek! I mean... what would I say to the rents? "Hey, can I go to a doc... I freak too much" ha! they'd just sigh and tell me to drop some stuff that I do and calm down...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Maybe word it so you tell them you have an anxiety problem and it is triggered by large descisions(you can mention more details to the person helping you)? Or jsut tell them you have an problem that is really affecting you and you really think some professional help will solve the problem(make it very clear you want the help).

Maybe even looking for some print outs to help explain things will help?(there are alot of support websites for teens/adults with information for parents and the like.)

If you want meds for it you need to go to a psychiatrist ,but if you don't think you need meds you could try a therapist. I suggest going to the therapist first as they can help you and suggest wether you'll benefit with medicine or not.

Goodluck!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys.... cuz this is getting way out of hand... because now my grades are suffering because I'm so stressed out all of the time.... oh god.... not looking forward to when my parents see my latest grades.... they're going to kill me! (I've always been their perfect little daughter and it makes them really mad that I'm not so perfect anymore)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinbock View Post

thanks guys.... cuz this is getting way out of hand... because now my grades are suffering because I'm so stressed out all of the time.... oh god.... not looking forward to when my parents see my latest grades.... they're going to kill me! (I've always been their perfect little daughter and it makes them really mad that I'm not so perfect anymore)
I have the same problem.....it's so hard seeing the disappointment isn't it? Back to the orignial problem...flip a coin right before it lands you know what you are hoping for.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha, actually I don't.... I'll flip a coin.... not get the answer I wanted, so I flip until I get /that/ answer..... then I decide I don't want that one either, so I just keep flipping....

or, as it's coming down, I'll say "oh! Choice A, please", then as it lands, I'll be sitting there "but then again...." I'm second guessing myself 24-7.....

but yeah, seeing the disappointment on my parents' faces is deadly! I just wish I could be their perfect little girl again.... I'm tired of being a screw-up.... they don't admit it, but that's what i am....

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
you should see me trying to pick out my "milk" for the week. There are sooo many choices: Soy? Rice? Oat? Almond? then there's all the flavors: plain? unsweetend? origional? very vanilla? vanilla? chocolate? enhanced? not to mention all of the chai type of things in quarter gallon containers. And then I have to pick the company... and is it worth it to spend an extra 35 cents on the better brand? And WHAT is the difference between plain and origional???

Not that I'm complaining about the amount of choices, it's just hard to choose.

I just wish that there was a flashing red sighn that said "Jennifer, buy this one"... but then, what would I do with my time?
*sigh*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts