VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. something bizarre just happened. im not sad or stressed, life's better than its ever been, and in the middle of the day, in the middle of the city just now, i burst into tears. yup. tears. the hysterical kind. absaloutely couldn't stop it. so bizarre. what the hell happened?! am i going crazy?!?!?!

and now i feel horrible, still. like i just want to be sick. and get all this emotion out of me. even though i know thats not how it works. its so disturbing. and i can't make it go away. please please help me
ive never felt this before!!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh god. please. what the. i think i AM going to be sick. argh . theres something wrong with my mind. and now i just want to scream at everyone. stab things . rip baby animals apart. lol. im never like that. i can't stand it. what the HECK. aaaa. nothing is relieving it. and i had so much to do today.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Agreed with Fromper. In the mean time, turn off the computer and go for a good, long walk. Or is it night where you are? If so, have a nice, long bubble bath or shower. It won't entirely relieve the symptoms but it sure feels better to freak out in a bubble bath than it does on the internet. Or it does to me, anyway.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
If you are having the "worse headache you ever had in your life" with vision changes, go directly to emergency. That is how my stroke felt. Like fire in my brain with an emotional breakdown to go with it. Don't mess around with this it sounds serious. Get off the puter and get to a Dr.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I can relate to what you are saying. Sometimes life is better than it's ever been but I find myself becoming depressed out of nowhere. Most of the time this happens is when I am trying to repress something in my mind, but it pops out to say hello to me. I think you should seek some counseling, it really does help to discuss these things with someone who is well trained. I hope things get better!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life2k View Post

If you are having the "worse headache you ever had in your life" with vision changes, go directly to emergency. That is how my stroke felt. Like fire in my brain with an emotional breakdown to go with it. Don't mess around with this it sounds serious. Get off the puter and get to a Dr.
That's how a friend of the family's stroke was, too.

Go to a doctor! Now.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
taurus, honey, I hope you are ok.

Sometimes these things happen for no reason. Hormones, whatever. Sometimes they can't be explained. I'm sending you good vibes, I hope you get them...

pm whenever, ok?

peace

pirate x

·
Registered
0 Posts
Don't be scared taurus, please go to see someone who can help you. You deserve to be happy and healthy. I care about you so much, and you know you can still PM me whenever you need to.
Please get help.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sounds to me more like a panic attack, well of a kind. When i get panic attacks, i tend to get very tense and restless, feel the need to hit things, shout at people etc. It tends to be like a huge wirlwind of emotion that hits suddenly and i usuallally end up crying hysterically and struggle breathing which usually results in my passing out on the floor. Seems like you didnt really get a full blown panic. Are you 100% sure theres nothing bothering you? it may be something you're supressing slightly? I know this also sounds stupid, but have you been anywhere you wouldnt usually go? Somewhere that a lot of emotion could be held? A graveyard? place someone died or something? A few times i've been around places where murders have happend or theres a lot of emotional upset in the air, i get very panicy and emotional for no real reason, can ususally stay with me for a few hours.

Of course as people have already said could be a stroke or something more serious.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I hope to all spirits that it isn't a stroke. It sounds rather like a panic attack to me, you're right. They get people in different ways. But Taurus, you should see someone, because if you don't it'll just worry you more.

pirate x

·
Registered
98 Posts
There's nothing wrong with having such outbursts.

You're human. Life is not meant to be a cakewalk. Watch 'The Trap' by Adam Curtis, BBC1, tommorrow.

·
Registered
0 Posts
There MAY be nothing wrong with having such outbursts, but she is worried for good reason and should still get it checked out so we all know she's okay!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
back. wow. guys. WOW. what a response. seriously. thank you. so much. x100. sorry i took a while to respond, haven't been home.

felt silly going to a doctor when there was probably nothing wrong, but went anyway thanks to your sage words and he actually helped with some other random stuff. but no, no strokes. eheh.

twas a panic attack, never had one before! and i gotta say..repercussions are not fun. whole body aches today, coz it was so clenched, i guess.

kind of bothers me that i don't know where it came from (thought about the graveyard thing and the hormonal thing, still no idea) but its so good to hear that other people have that happen and that while its not 'normal' its not that ABnormal. i love VB. i love you guys. and i love the world, again. no stabbing today. i can't believe how frantic i was. so strange. but just..thank god its gone. im gonna figure out where it came from though, to prevent it.

and thanks..again. so much. SO MUCH.

oh, and unfortunately no BBC1 here
but ill try and find it !! xox

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hugs for you, taurushead. :[ Panic attacks are no fun. (I had one reading a book once and I freaked out because I had no idea what was going on!) So glad that it wasn't a stroke. Feel better. ^.^

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Thank God, you are "ok". Sorry about being a Nervous Nellie there with the stroke thing, but I would go to extreme measures to keep anyone else from going through what I have gone through with this blasted stroke. If they can get a stroke victim medical care during the first 3 hours, many times they can reverse the effects.

Of course panic attacks and hormone waves can make you feel like you are dying. Try to simplify your life as much as possible, and repeat often "This too shall pass."

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Glad it wasnt something more serious. Panic attacks can be scary and kind of embarrassing, but so i'm told they're not dangerous. Don't stress about trying to figure out what caused it, the liklihood is you'll never really know as they can be caused by so many different things, from vitimin deficiencies to stress and phobias. Unless you start having them regularly i wouldn't worry too much. I've found you can control panic attacks slightly. I've come to learn the signs for myself for when i get panicy and am in danger of a full blown attack. When i feel these symtoms i atempt to calm myself down, by breathing slowly and thinking about something totally different (my plans for the day, the weather, fluffy bunnies...) Also detaching myself from everyone and everything helps too, just sitting quietly alone.

As for recovering from one, you'll probably feel pretty fragile and tense for a day or two and lack energy, as like with any emotional outburst you use a lot of energy. Just be good to yourself for a few days and take care

1 - 18 of 18 Posts