VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am SOO HUNGRY. I don't eat after 8 o'clock because I know I won't use it, so I go to bed on a hungry stomach. Then, when I wake up I am soo hungry....today I ate a big bowl of wheat chex, toast with PB+J, and an apple. Is that too much breakfast? Too big? I'm just thinking that its too much food all at once. It was about 700 calories....I don't usually do that, its generally more like 500. But is that too much food, more than my body can metabolize all at once, or is it ok as long as I budget my caloric intake around my big breakfast?

thanks!

lovenlight,

linz

·
Registered
765 Posts
It doesn't sound like too much to me. From your other thread it sounds like you get plenty of exercise, so you should be eating more anyway. I like eating a big breakfast since it makes me feel better throughout the day and I have a tendancy not to snack so much because of it.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
That defenitly does not sound like too much. If you're not eating after 8pm, what time are you going to bed? If you're waking up very hungry, maybe having something filling wouldn't be a bad idea. I think you're focusing too much on your caloric intake. What are you eating for dinner, is it enough to last you through bedtime? Have a snack at around 7pm, something filling like hummus and smoothie.

·
Registered
0 Posts
you bring a tear of joy to my eyes, and tell me, everything's gonna be all right

Eating breakfast will help jump-start your metabolism for the rest of the say, anyway. So, if you're worried about it for dieting reasons, don't worry.

It sounds like a good breakfast to me! I think the indicator of if it's too much food should be if you feel uncomfortably full. If not, your good to go.

·
Registered
811 Posts
If you check out another post on the breakfast thing, you will see that I eat even more than you! I am STARVING when I wake up in the morning...thirsty and starving. I eat like a King for breakfast, a Queen for lunch, and a pauper for supper. I just plain feel better that way.

BTW, I eat 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread toasted with a generous amount of vegenaise on them, a boca burger on them and then a pile of green stuff on top (spinach, cucumbers, whatever). I eat that sandwhich plus about 32 oz. of lemon water AND some fruit with soymilk. I HAVE to do it that way. The nice part is that I'm not too hungry and lunch and even less so at supper. That helps to keep my Amazonian/ mesomorphic body type leaner (whatever that means), AND it gives me energy. Right on!

·
Registered
811 Posts
The other reason that I eat that particular breakfast regularly is that it gives me a big whallop of protein without being too heavy on the carbs and sugar. If I eat cereal and toast or something like that, I am always hungry too quickly.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I agree that that doesn't sound like too much. Maybe you should make yourself a light snack before you go to bed. I don't think that that would hurt....

And you should be hungry in the morning. If you get up at 7am and don't eat past 8pm thats 11 hours without food! Thats a long time. Anybody would be starving if they went that long without eating something.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well I eat at about 9:00pm, go to bed at about 12:00pm, and wake up at 7:30am, then drink wawa, do daily stuff, and eat breakfast at about 9:00-10:00. For some reason it just works that way for me. I will go to bed hungry, but wake not so hungry, then after my lots of water, at about 8:00am, I start getting the good ol' hungrys, and eat like mad (except this morning). We are all just different I guess...

BTW, in my opinion that breakfast was fine D dandy...

·
Registered
755 Posts
i usually eat a huge breakfast too! take today as example. i ate a regular-sized chocolate chip muffin at about 8:40pm and an orange at 10pm last night and I woke up at 7:20am, did somethings and ate breakfast at about 8am. first i had about half a cup of plain yogurt with an entire sliced banana and then i felt kinda full. after about 10 mins, i am starting to get hungry more, so i had a serving of cereal with milk and then later...heheh, it was just boredom, but i had 2 chocolate wafers and 3 nuts and a cup of ginseng tea. that's a lot i know but i believe in fueling my body for the day!

your breakfast sounds divine!

·
Registered
0 Posts
That's great that you're waking up hungry! That's how things are *supposed* to be. Breakfast is supposed to be your biggest meal, so it sounds like you're doing great!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm...so I guess I'm doing ok.

WELL, not today. I've eaten a whole days worth of calories, its only 3:30....I woke up and had that breakfast. Then, I ran around, took the cat to the vet, ect.ect., and decided I better eat a little something before I went to work. So I had a Boca Patty, a couple bites of baked beans, about five tortilla chips, and an apple. THEN after work my Mom offered to take me out for Chinese....SOOO BAD!!! The shame. I'm just gonna go work out and have a light dinner, like some salad or veggies or something. I feel so awful, but I guess these things happen.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
You are doing way better than I am, RBM. I usually feel stressed out in the morning just by thinking about how to deal with my boss. And that kills apetite for breakfast AND lunch
. My tummy hurts if I eat a good size meal. I live one some random fruit and snacks during the day and eat most of my daily calories (like 1000 ?) after 6pm, how bad! I need to get my degree and get out of this "researcher" job ASAP!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am sure you will, freemouse, and then you'll get it together eating-wise. Stress really does a number on eating habits, for me it makes me eat thoughtlessly and too much. Just try to have a little something in the morning! A little cereal? Peanut butter?! Come on, there's ALWAYS room for peanut butter!!

lovenlight,

linz

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
if you are hungry, then you need to eat--even if it is about 20 minute sbefore bed. Your body will use it. It is actually actively repairing itself overnite.

stay awake long enough to digest a bit, or at least get started on the process.

But again, if you're hungry, then eat. that's why you get hungry.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
You really can do no wrong with breakfast, it sets the tone for the whole day. If you eat a bit of carb, protein and fat you'll stay full longer and won't overeat the rest of the day, as a general rule.

Oddly, I find that if I eat late at night or soon before bed I'm more starving in the morning than if I had eaten nothing. I've never understood that. And when I get hungry, I feel almost ill until I eat something. There's this wave of moderate hunger, nausea inducing hunger, not hungry any longer. I find never allowing myself to get really "starving" is the best method. So if you want what you consider quite a lot of food for breakfast and you're eating such things as you mentioned, then go forth. It's a good idea.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Quizeen

I find that if I eat late at night or soon before bed I'm more starving in the morning than if I had eaten nothing. I've never understood that. And when I get hungry, I feel almost ill until I eat something. There's this wave of moderate hunger, nausea inducing hunger, not hungry any longer.
It's like you said what I was thinking! This is what happens to me all the time!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know its odd, but I don't get that. I'm hungrier if I don't eat. The reason why I don't eat before I go to sleep is because I have read multiple times that whatever you eat will just get converted to fat, and I am trying to control my weight, so I don't want that to happen.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If I dfon't eat I get realy weak, get stomach cramps, and then my stomach bloats, and I get sleepy, and it finally goes away (minus the pain and tiredness)

·
Registered
755 Posts
i suggest drinking some warm milk an hour before bed so that you will feel full and then pee before you go to bed or else you will wake up early to answer nature's call!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts