VeggieBoards banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking into buying a facial moisterizer and cleanser to help improve my skin, but I have been having a heck of a time finding a brand that neither tests on animals nor using animal based products (like beeswax, honey, and many others). In all of my online research, I have only found ONE brand of cosmetics that seems to meet this criteria, called Jane Cosmetics, but after searching their website it doesn't look like they even have facial skin care and health products- they just have makeup like concealer, lipsick, eye shadow, et cetera, but no products just for healthy skin! Please help me out if you can! What brands have you found that don't test on animals and have facial moisturize and cleanser-type products with no animal derived ingredients? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
Where in the world are you?
Do you have a natural food or health store near? Shop online?

Aubrey Organics, Eco Bella, Beauty Without Cruelty, Jason, Kiss My Face, Yes to Carrots (and cucumbers), Shea Moisture, Lush, and a lot of Whole Food products and Trader Joes
Those are just off the top of my head.

I use coconut oil and use Shea Moisture hair conditioner for my face as well.

I've seen Jane cosmetics but never heard they were vegan. Unless there's another Jane-I'm talking about inexpensive drugstore brand. I don't use make up though

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
Im in Ohio too! By Cleveland.
Welcome to VB!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi carriewinter! I'm also in the process still of finding beauty/health options like these, makeup included. I really do wish cruelty-free products were more popular, it gets annoying having to go out of your way sometimes, especially if you don't have an affinity for making your own stuff. :p

Lush is my favorite thus far for cleansers and moisturizers and all kinds of other similar cool things, plus the products there are super cute like what most people have access to who aren't veg*n. It's kind of like Bath and Body Works I guess. Lush is expensive though, so I'd love to know more options myself that are out there. (Specifically in the U.S. for me as well lol.)

Here's their site: http://www.lushusa.com/
Make sure to check each item, they list if it's vegan. Not everything is, but a whole lot is.

EDIT: Hi Ohio! I'm nearby in Kentucky, my brother lives up there though lol. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts