VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
how long have you been vegetarian? If you are a new veggie, it's natural for it to be difficult for a while. Providing it's just that you miss the taste and there aren't deeper physical or mental reasons that you want it, it will probably get easier over time as you learn to disconnect 'food' and 'meat' in your mind. You might want to strengthen your resolve by revisiting the reasons you went veggie. This might be by viewing a PETA video, re-reading about the health benifits or something else, depending on your reasons.

You may also be craving the meat because you are not getting enough of something in your diet. Culprits might me iron or protein for example. You should make sure you are getting enough of these things (if you're not sure, you might want to search for some threads about getting these things into your diet).

Hang in there and good luck!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

Try mock meats, they can be very good!
i agree!! IMO veg*n versions of omni foods can be very beneficial when going veggie (or even for a long-term vegan like me...lol!)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Remind yourself why you're doing this in the first place, and of how bad you'd feel if you ate it. That works for me =D

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
My temptation for eggs when I first went vegan was overwhelming.

I simply reminded myself with photos of how horrid the meat and dairy industries are and I recalled why I switched in the first place. I know that I became vegan for a cause that is greater than myself.

The photos really helped me a lot. I hand-made a collage of extremely graphic photos of piles of dead pigs that were to be processed for hot dogs, debeaking, caged and free-range egg farms, and cows being slaughtered for steak.

Over time the temptation will cease and you will be satisfied.

You need to make your diet tempting. Find foods you love and you crave, so that you'll stop craving meat and start craving the delicious veggie dishes you eat.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
If you feel the urge to eat meat, go see an animal rights video and remind you are veg*n. Also, mock meat works very well at quenching cravings! Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts