VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taliaj View Post

Hey, let me help you with this question. If something is good for one sex, it will be good for the other and vice versa, if something is bad for one sex, it will be bad for the other. Again, take a look at John Robbin's site and the question will be answered. If I sound too much like a preacher, I'm sorry, only trying to help!
That actually isn't true at all. Many things affect one sex different than the other. Science/Medicine stuff was mostly based off of experiments on the average white man, not women. Not that has any relation to soy at all, just that everything that is good for one gender isn't necessarily good for the other.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taliaj View Post

Rabid_child, do you have proof of this? I would like to see it. Some studies in which the outcome was different for men and for women or something of that nature. At this point, I cannot think of any ways in which they would be different other than prostate cancer for men and breast cancer for women. Thank you!
Quote:
Men and women are different in every organ of the body--;even their skin, says Marianne J. Legato, M.D., a cardiologist and founder and director of Columbia University's Partnership for Gender-Specific Medicine. They are different at the cellular level, and these differences may influence the amount and type of medicine they need to treat a disease.
http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2005/405_sex.html It's an interesting "quick" summary about gender differences in medicine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts