VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Please go to John Robbins web site FoodRevolution and then .com. I'm sorry I had to write it this way but the forum won't allow me to include urls since I have not made enough posts (stupid right?). Also check out Dr. Joel Fuhrman's website drfuhrman and then .com. You will find the answer to this question on both sites.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey, let me help you with this question. If something is good for one sex, it will be good for the other and vice versa, if something is bad for one sex, it will be bad for the other. Again, take a look at John Robbin's site and the question will be answered. If I sound too much like a preacher, I'm sorry, only trying to help!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Rabid_child, do you have proof of this? I would like to see it. Some studies in which the outcome was different for men and for women or something of that nature. At this point, I cannot think of any ways in which they would be different other than prostate cancer for men and breast cancer for women. Thank you!

·
Registered
102 Posts
See! More evidence that we are more alike rather than different, hehe. Um, breast cancer among men must be rare though, right?

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's definitely true of course. I am talking more about what we eat and how it affects our health and our bodies. Such as if soybeans are good for women, they will be good for men too. I am not really talking about the differences that make us male and female.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thank you rabid_child for posting that interesting article. I was aware that men and women were each more prown to develop different health problems/diseases, however. I was really referring to the foods that we eat. If one food is bad for one sex, it will most likely be bad for the other.

I really liked the article though.

Elena, your right. It is never good to eat too much of any one thing, soy included. One serving of soy every other day is what I think is pretty good without going overboard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts