VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taliaj View Post

Hey, let me help you with this question. If something is good for one sex, it will be good for the other and vice versa, if something is bad for one sex, it will be bad for the other. Again, take a look at John Robbin's site and the question will be answered. If I sound too much like a preacher, I'm sorry, only trying to help!
I dont see how the heck that could be true. Men and women are different. Are you saying it would be good for men to take birth control pills or estrogen replacement meant for post menopausal women? I dont think so...

I know soy has something to do with estrogen, so I would assume it would affect men differently than women. Im not saying its neccessarily good for either, but it might be better for women than men.

My only knowledge on this subject was something I read about pregnant women not eating soy if they were having a male child, but it being okay for a female child.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taliaj View Post

I am not referring to birth control! I am really only referring to the foods we eat, nothing else.
yeah but if a certain food effects hormones in certain ways, it makes sense that effect might be different for men and women.

Anyways to the OP I know how you feel about always feeling unhealthy. Not so much with cancer worries, but Ive had health problems all my life, a lot of them related to hormone issues (I get cystic acne on my face thats severely painful and it never seems to go away no matter what I do)..Ive read SO much about supplements and vitamins and this health food and that health food, and it seems like there is so much crap info out there about whats healthy or whats not (not just for acne prone people, but I figured my acne was a sign of me being unhealthy so I try to eat as healthy as possible)..it seems Ill read an article that says one thing and the next day Ill read one that says something completely opposite. Its so frustrating and I never know what to believe when it comes to health. SO I just try and trust the things I KNOW to be good for me..like eating a lot of veggies and fiber, etc.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Well I can agree with that. But I imagine it would probably be more damaging for a man to take female hormones than a woman. But I agree that all artificiaL hormones are BAD. At least in the experiances Ive had with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts