Quote:
Originally Posted by affidavit View Post

Wannabe, you missed all the new developments :p
Totally. Disregard my last post.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I'm sorry he's a loser
You really do deserve better. And if you moved to be with him and have no other friends out there, then I'd say move back.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I talked to him, face to face. It was this morning where I found his inappropriate conversations, I literally almost had a panic attack and I have spent the majority of the day crying because I feel so betrayed and so hurt. I cannot even put into words how upset I feel right now.

After talking to him face to face, I can tell that he does feel bad. He told me that what he did was wrong and he knows that hes going to have to regain my trust. I asked him to take me back to my apartment so I could be alone and think straight.

As for movingIts hard to explain, I have over 60 credits and I cant move- I am bound here until I finish school Im so frightened by how dependent Ive become on him and it frightens me that without him, there isnt anything left.

I cant drive, I dont have a job and I lost my scholarship. I used to have a scholarship that covered my school. Im beginning to become so stressed out and I feel that I have gained quite a lot of weight this summer from the stress my boyfriend and I also had a nervous period where we thought I was pregnant. I cannot make it anymore clear how dependent I am on him at this point.

Im heartbroken.

·
Registered
596 Posts
That would depend on what you said.lol.

i'm not understanding your situation that well. i dont get why you have nowhere to go because at one point, you said you were sitting alone in his house while he was out partying or whatever, and then you mentioned later how you got him to drop you back at your apartment. If you have a separate apartment why do you feel dependent on him?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I live in a dorm I should say. I just meant that he is the only person I know here.

And I said this to her "I realize that you're single but my boyfriend is not. Please respect that and be a woman's woman. I made Ben block you because I feel that what you guys said to each other was wrong and crossed the line. You're an attractive girl, you don't need to be confirmed on that by every guy."

·
Registered
596 Posts
That explains it.

I would guess that both you and the other woman could do better than this guy. I know you say you are in love with him but you would probably have a happier future if you talked yourself out of love again real quick because he doesn't seem to be on the same page.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I agree with stasher. Also, I don't think making him block her is cool. It show you don't trust him, which is obviously fair, but doesn't give you much of a foundation for keeping the relationship, if that's what you wanr. I don't, however, think the message was out of line.

I say you should break with him, meet new people. Hell, be friends with some of his girls, you must know a few of them other than the one who this all went down with.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by affidavit View Post

I agree with stasher. Also, I don't think making him block her is cool. It show you don't trust him, which is obviously fair, but doesn't give you much of a foundation for keeping the relationship, if that's what you wanr. I don't, however, think the message was out of line.

I say you should break with him, meet new people. Hell, be friends with some of his girls, you must know a few of them other than the one who this all went down with.
THIS x1000. You MUST be able to trust your boyfriend. It's one of those non-negotiables in a relationship.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
It isn't my place to say this at all but it IS the internet and you are asking for advice.

Dump him, immediately. Run far far away from that one, you don't need him.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yeah, the trust is lost anyway. But then why are you still in the relationship making him block her? Go all or none.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've discovered from previous relationships, once the trust is gone, it never truly comes back. If you're like me, you won't be able to get these other girls out of your head, you may find yourself checking his facebook more and more, and not believe him when he tells you things. Blocking her, while I understand why you asked him to do it, is not the solution. How do you know he hasn't unblocked her, without checking on his facebook? He could also end up resenting you for a lost or hindered friendship that he may feel was unfairly taken from him (that's what my ex thought).
If the trust is lost, you need to get out. While it will hurt so much now, in the long run it'll be so much better for you and your self-esteem etc. I've found from personal experience that something like this can affect all the ways in which you still thought you trusted him.
I know it must be scary to not know anyone else, but can you maybe meet more people in your dorm? Or within your studies? Perhaps, without him, your new found independence will push you to meet new people and make new friends.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I dont think he sounds like a keeper. He has behaved inconsiderately and put other women before you on a few occasions you have named. I think he is unlikely to change his ways, he will probably just be more careful that you dont find out. I think it is best to consider the idea that you may be far better off without somebody who looks at other women and does things that upset you. You deserve much better, someone who will really appreciate you.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
You should look into groups at your school. See if any of them interest you and sign up to join so you could meet new people. You are in school surrounded by people so take advantage of that so you can make some friends.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

You should look into groups at your school. See if any of them interest you and sign up to join so you could meet new people. You are in school surrounded by people so take advantage of that so you can make some friends.

Please don't stay with him just because you're scared of the alternative. Even if you stick it out, it's a good idea to try to build your own social network so you aren't so reliant on him

sorry you're going through this

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

Please don't stay with him just because you're scared of the alternative. Even if you stick it out, it's a good idea to try to build your own social network so you aren't so reliant on him

sorry you're going through this
I agree with this. I stuck with a boyfriend for too long because I was afraid of being single and lonely. I definitely learned from that mistake.

21 - 40 of 136 Posts