VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, almost.
I'm starting a water/juice fast tomorrow and hoping to go through the end of the month so I can be cleansed out for my official transition to a 100% raw foods diet on January 1st.
I'm so excited to be raw, I can't wait!

Wow, I haven't been on veggieboards in awhile! lol... good to be back.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
wow. I don't mean to sound unsupportive, but are you sure it's a good idea to fast for that long?

Anyway, good luck with your raw transition!

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
good luck to you!

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
i think to ease the transition.

i find that when i fast, i'm less likely to come back to those "tempting foods" (whatever i'm trying to remove form my diet) than if i don't fast. it's like a dietary 'reset' button.

admittedly, most of my fasts are spiritual in nature, and not for changing a diet, but even so, i notice dietary changes after i do a fast, usually.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Do you have to take it easy with exercise and stress when you're fasting for several weeks?

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
it depends upon the kind of fasting that you're doing.

if you're doing a limiting foods fast (such as, no sugar, alcohol, meat, dairy, oils), then you can pretty much go on as normal.

certain types of juice fasts provide enough calories to manage basic work and some exercise (modest/moderate/gentle).

day fasts that are total fasts (no food during the day time) typically require as much relaxation as possible. many children who practice ramadan, for example, do not participate in gym classes during that time. for total fasts that are longer than day fasts, it is recommended that the whole day is spent in meditation, prayer, and rest.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good luck on your raw food diet! I also want to go raw for a while again and see how it goes. The last time I went raw it was very spiritually rewarding! Let us know how you are doing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts