VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yummy McNuggets.

I actually laughed aloud when I saw this.

Regardless of being a meat eater or not, this is hilarious!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I'm pretty sure that is actually soft-serve ice cream.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

naw that's what I thought at first, but seen this referenced several places now. Not 100% sure what makes it pink, is it the chemicals used to try to "improve" the quality of the meat?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
that's the same post that is in the vegan section under "I'm frustrated" Actually, it's pink because of the flesh being ground up, and it gets treated with ammonia, although not as much as it used to apparently. It had to be recolored to make it tan to make nuggets. McD's doesn't use this for their nuggets anymore since 2003, since claiming they use all white meat now.

Still freaking scary that this becomes hot dogs and bologna!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumy View Post

naw that's what I thought at first, but seen this referenced several places now. Not 100% sure what makes it pink, is it the chemicals used to try to "improve" the quality of the meat?
Yeah, and I've seen it debunked as soft-serve in several places too.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Must be the worst looking soft-serve ice cream in the world then.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

Must be the worst looking soft-serve ice cream in the world then.
I can't find the site where I saw it debunked, I think I StumbledUpon it one day. Who knows, maybe it is chicken nuggets. Either way...yuck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

that's the same post that is in the vegan section under "I'm frustrated" Actually, it's pink because of the flesh being ground up, and it gets treated with ammonia, although not as much as it used to apparently. It had to be recolored to make it tan to make nuggets. McD's doesn't use this for their nuggets anymore since 2003, since claiming they use all white meat now.

Still freaking scary that this becomes hot dogs and bologna!
Very scary stuff and gross too. I think I remember seeing this in an episode of Food Revolution or someplace like that. To think this is what so many people eat on a daily basis and consider "food". Bleh

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I think it looks like Peep poo. Can I say that in here?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I read through the snopes the other day.....McNuggets aren't made like this but like I did say, people's hotdogs and bologna still are.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumy View Post

naw that's what I thought at first, but seen this referenced several places now.
Riight..because seeing something "several places" on the internet makes it true. Skepticism fail.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

OMG I love that!!! Peep poo!

Personally I thought it looked like bubble gum flavored laffy taffy.
That's because you were brought up properly to not say things like "Peep poo" in polite company like veg*ans.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts