VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was away for a very long time!

Between my computer crashing, losing computer access at work, having an electrical fire, and being in a bad relationship, I just wasn't able to live on VB that way I used to.

I've finally fixed all of the above problems, knocked the dirt off my pants, and got a new username.

Hey...
Is there no Vegan Snack Exchange anymore?
Bummer...

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Hey sweet pea!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome back, Hazelnut, and nice to meet you.
I'm - relatively speaking - a newbie, as you can see.

What's this Vegan Snack Exchange? It sounds like something worth starting up again.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlily1983 View Post

What's this Vegan Snack Exchange? It sounds like something worth starting up again.
Perhaps it'll come back.
I found the thread on the shopping bag exchange.

The vegan snack exchange was similar. You'd commit to sending a goody-box filled with snacks to another member, probably from another country. In exchange, you'd get a box from someone else. The best vegan chocolate I've ever had in my life came from Finland...along with instant fruit soup, and some cactus flavored licorice.

There was one main problem. The weight of a snack box can get rather high if you send heavy items, and some people didn't realize it would cost that much.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Welcome back! I see you were able to get your user name changed.

You're welcome.

I'm not sure when we're having another Vegan Snack exchange, but if it does happen and you take part in it, I'm sure you can request a match here in the US so the box won't cost quite as much to ship.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I'm not sure when we're having another Vegan Snack exchange, but if it does happen and you take part in it, I'm sure you can request a match here in the US so the box won't cost quite as much to ship.
I found one starting up...yay!
I don't mind the expense. In fact, I've got a handful of international snail mail pen pals, so I'm used to restrictions by customs, the form, and the occasional high cost. I's SO worth every penny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlily1983 View Post

Welcome back, Hazelnut, and nice to meet you.
I'm - relatively speaking - a newbie, as you can see.

Here it is:
http://www.veggieboards.com/newvb/sh...Vegan-Exchange

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.