VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my hubby is omni, but has drastically changed his eating habits since i dont buy or cook meat, ( because i get too grossed out)...he also wants to eat healthy too and will only eat minimal amounts of animal flesh now.......anyway, i tend to make a lot of conversion meals for him..........<br><br>
so i found beef style TVP chunks in the bulk section of the health food store, and i make a "beef" stew with them, and it turned out really good, he is always amazed that he loves the stuff i cook, because he is always skeptical til he tastes it.<br><br>
all i did was added boiling water 1:1 to the chunks, i also mixed in a packet of the hain vegetarian brown gravy mix.<br><br>
then i put this in a big pot with an onion, some cut up potatoes and carrots, a little salt pepper and garlic powder, a splash of veg worcestershire sauce and let it all simmer for about 30 min.<br><br>
i did have to add extra water.<br><br>
at the end i thickened it up with a bit of cornstarch, and thats it,<br><br>
easy easy.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
I love the versatility of TVP and how well it lends itself to some dishes. I just started using the "stew-chunks" (or larger TVP chunks) myself and have found several good uses for them.<br><br><br><br>
That's GREAT that your hubby is willing to try, and actually enjoys, the vegetarian items you make!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts