VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Oryzatarian
1,359 Posts
The ability to be calm and content.

Think about it.
If you could fly, you'd be abducted by the CIA.
If you could read minds and somehow avoided the CIA you'd have to deal with what goes on in peoples heads... my own thoughts are enough.
If you had the psychic ability to hear at great distances... everyone uses the toilet, you know. Keep that in mind.
If you could turn invisible people of the opposite gender would never trust you.
If you were always calm and content people would just think your weird. I could live with that.

·
Registered
551 Posts
power to go back in time. You could basically predict stock prices, win lotteries.

Or be like superman. Indestructible, super strength and speed. I could bend the world to my will.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
The ability to cure mental illness of any kind while leaving intact the incredible imagination and unusual perspective it provides. I have lived with and witnessed mental illness my entire life (in family, friends, self, and strangers) and I know the devastating power it holds and the lives it has ruined. It is also widely ignored, misunderstood, or shamed by the general public and mental health services are often cut first when budgets are considered. The pain and suffering of mental illness is as profound as any physical disability/illness. And as far as I know, there is no cure for mental illnesses like paranoid schizophrenia. If I am mistaken, please share!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Assuming I live in a world where the government or someone else wouldn't abduct me, I'd choose healing also. Being calm and content all the time sounds boring ;)

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Being calm and content all the time sounds boring ;)
Not if you've lived your life with depression (or anxiety, etc.)

Healing as a super power theoretically sounds great, but the responsibility - trying to get to as many people to help as possible, with new ones being born all the time - it would drive me completely bonkers.

I don't think super powers of any kind would be all that they're cracked up to be.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Reactions: Kenickie and Purp

·
3,936 Posts
the ability to etch an unlimited number of important scientific theorise on paper, and the ability to compile them into a book, and to have that book printed in 52 languages.

·
Oryzatarian
1,359 Posts
Avocados are ripened by ethylene gas. Apples belch out ethylene gas (more so than bananas).
So I would hypothesize one could buy avocados, put some in a paper bag with apples at room temp to ripen fastest, put others in a basket at room temp for next ripening, and put some in the fridge for last ripening.

If it works dont start calling me Avocado Man, green spandex just doesnt become me.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Avocados are ripened by ethylene gas. Apples belch out ethylene gas (more so than bananas).
So I would hypothesize one could buy avocados, put some in a paper bag with apples at room temp to ripen fastest, put others in a basket at room temp for next ripening, and put some in the fridge for last ripening.

If it works dont start calling me Avocado Man, green spandex just doesnt become me.
:p:D

I'd love to fly. Travel anywhere in the world in just minutes by flying.
I want to see Paris, France...Just take off. I want to go to Tokyo, Japan...Up,up and away. I want to visit my mother's people in Libby, MT...I'm there.

Reactions: karenlovessnow

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
The ability to mute the television set with the power of my mind, without having to press the button. Take that, you pesky commercials!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts