VeggieBoards banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOFUVEGMAN View Post

I got 2 "hash brown pattys" at an airport.

When I cut one in half, it was filled with potatoes, ham & eggs.

I immediately threw them away.

Cost....$4.00

My satisfaction....priceless.
naughty.gif

I went hungry for awhile....but found something vegan later in the day.
dancingbanana.gif
pibo.gif
Ugh, that kind of drives me crazy! It's really irresponsible too, even when you don't take vegans/vegetarians into account there are still people with all kinds of allergies and food intolerances out there. They should always describe the food in plain language so you know what you're getting.

I remember once I went to Denny's with family and I ordered a side garden salad with my veggie burger and the salad came absolutely covered in shredded cheddar, you could barely see any green there was so much cheese on it. I thought that was especially funny since I had been careful to make sure my veggie burger didn't have any cheese or mayo on it, you'd think they would have realized maybe I don't want to eat a pound of cheese when I order a side salad.
laugh.gif

·
Plant/Fungi based.
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Ugh, that kind of drives me crazy! It's really irresponsible too, even when you don't take vegans/vegetarians into account there are still people with all kinds of allergies and food intolerances out there. They should always describe the food in plain language so you know what you're getting.

I remember once I went to Denny's with family and I ordered a side garden salad with my veggie burger and the salad came absolutely covered in shredded cheddar, you could barely see any green there was so much cheese on it. I thought that was especially funny since I had been careful to make sure my veggie burger didn't have any cheese or mayo on it, you'd think they would have realized maybe I don't want to eat a pound of cheese when I order a side salad.
laugh.gif
I ordered a meal at a Mexican restaurant the came with a cheese quesadilla and instead asked it to be bean. They bring out a cheese one and the waitress automatically apologizes and brings me the correct one. I open it to find bean.... and some cheese...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Restaraunts need to be more sensitive to vegans and vegetarians!! It's unfair. And where I live, no one even gives a second thought to whether you do or don't want meat, cheese, eggs, milk, whatever on something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have never been this sick in my life. Iv been vegan a month straight and desided to chug some milk with some vegan cookies i had made. Worste decisions of my life. I cant leave the toilet, i am in excruciating pain. Thiswill make dairy a never again for me. Vegan for life. I wish this pain would stop. Nausea and diarrhea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
...would it make you ill?

I feel so, so stupid asking this and I'm almost certain the answer is 'No,' but I'm a hypochondriac.

I've been vegan for about 4 months now and have no cravings for animal products, and don't intend to go back to an omnivore diet.

HOWEVER...this week I'm going (long story, but you can trust me that not going is not an option) to a restaurant for a family occasion. I've phoned them to ask whether they could accommodate vegans, and they said they could adapt a couple of dishes. So my plan is to order vegan, or as close-to-vegan as possible. I cannot do any better than that.

My question (honestly, I'm getting there!) is: what if I get a dish with small amounts of animal product in, or in the worst case scenario I have to eat an ovo-lacto vegetarian dish? Aside from feeling uncomfortable because I'd really rather not eat it - would there be any discernible physical effects?

Can you become lactose intolerant/other animal product intolerant after following a vegan diet for some time?

Again, my apologies for asking this question. And again, I really have no control over the choice of restaurant/the menu/whether I eat dinner or not. This is a question about what would happen if I absolutely had to settle for the ovo-lacto option.

I feel so, so stupid asking this and I'm almost certain the answer is 'No,' but I'm a hypochondriac.

I've been vegan for about 4 months now and have no cravings for animal products, and don't intend to go back to an omnivore diet.

HOWEVER...this week I'm going (long story, but you can trust me that not going is not an option) to a restaurant for a family occasion. I've phoned them to ask whether they could accommodate vegans, and they said they could adapt a couple of dishes. So my plan is to order vegan, or as close-to-vegan as possible. I cannot do any better than that.

My question (honestly, I'm getting there!) is: what if I get a dish with small amounts of animal product in, or in the worst case scenario I have to eat an ovo-lacto vegetarian dish? Aside from feeling uncomfortable because I'd really rather not eat it - would there be any discernible physical effects?

Can you become lactose intolerant/other animal product intolerant after following a vegan diet for some time?

Again, my apologies for asking this question. And again, I really have no control over the choice of restaurant/the menu/whether I eat dinner or not. This is a question about what would happen if I absolutely had to settle for the ovo-lacto option.

Yes, it will. I just ate a dairy product on accident after only a month of veganism and I was feeling sick so I looked it up, I'm a hypochondriac too but I haven't left my toilet in over an hour. Sorry for that graphic image.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts