VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this is geared towards US citizens, but input from others is interesting. If the gov't decided that it wanted the guns of its' citizens and you had one or more, what would you do?? Just curious.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
You can get my SuperSoaker XT-1500 from my cold dead hands.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Well, *I* don't have guns, but The Boy does. So, if the man wanted it, I would hand it over, then innocently state that I was doing my patriotic duty. (We have differing views on gun ownership).

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

Well, *I* don't have guns, but The Boy does. So, if the man wanted it, I would hand it over, then innocently state that I was doing my patriotic duty. (We have differing views on gun ownership).
Yeah, i would assume The Boy would be very upset with you.

btw, i'm referring to a reference to Johnny Cash in the title. not the gov't.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

Yeah, i would assume The Boy would be very upset with you.

btw, i'm referring to a reference to Johnny Cash in the title. not the gov't.
Well, you said 'gov't' in your post. How was I supposed to know. Pft.

He'd get over it.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

Well, you said 'gov't' in your post. How was I supposed to know. Pft.

He'd get over it.
interesting reply from an ex military person.

I was kidding. This is about the evil gov't.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Quote:

So, this is geared towards US citizens, but input from others is interesting. If the gov't decided that it wanted the guns of its' citizens and you had one or more, what would you do?? Just curious.

I'd obviously hope that law makers in my country never become so fascist nor misguided that they follow the example of Adolf Hitler, first and foremost.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Has anyone ever actually tried to take Americans guns away? Because it sure comes up as a paranoid fantasy a lot

Lots of people have guns here too, but the attitude about them is very different I think.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Has anyone ever actually tried to take Americans guns away? Because it sure comes up as a paranoid fantasy a lot

Lots of people have guns here too, but the attitude about them is very different I think.
I don't believe it has. i know that liberals have wanted to see certain weapons banned, but...

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I do enjoy shooting and blowing up stuff :p Despite the random statistics that each side of the debate clings to, I don't think guns really have anything to do with increased or decreased crime. I don't see it ever happening though, and although I'd say I'm against it if I had to pick sides, I just don't feel as strongly about it as I used to. For one thing, I travel too much to make owning a gun convenient.

My stepdad had all sorts of guns. My mom has a hand gun and shoots regularly for target practice. When I was younger (low 20's) I had an AR-15 (civilian semi-auto version of the M-16 assault rifle), but when I got out of the military (the first time :p) and moved to China, it goes without saying that it couldn't come with me. In those earlier years I would have probably said something along the lines of "If anyone came to take my gun, they would leave dodging bullets." But I really just don't care anymore. I don't see it happening in the near future anyway. It's too much a part of our culture. If it happens, it will probably be around the same time as they come to take our McDonald's and our TV's, the other two American necessities that simply aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

You can get my SuperSoaker XT-1500 from my cold wet hands.
Fixed that for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

It's an NRA thing. The National Rifle Association was created as a means of tricking paranoid, right wing Americans into voting for Republicans, even though the opposition party has never done anything anti-gun in their lives.

--Fromper

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

It's an NRA thing. The National Rifle Association was created as a means of tricking paranoid, right wing Americans into voting for Republicans, even though the opposition party has never done anything anti-gun in their lives.

--Fromper
That's not necessarily so. The opposition has been able to get automatic weapons banned as well as the amount of rounds allowed in semi automatics.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I'd cry. Gun and I have a special bond.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Not without a fight.
Like?
rock, paper, scissors?
thumb wars?
cage match?
or until they pry it out of your cold dead hands???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:

Like?
rock, paper, scissors?
thumb wars?
cage match?
or until they pry it out of your cold dead hands???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cage match for sure. I've been training to be a cage fighter since I was 16. BRING IT.

1 - 20 of 233 Posts