VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still in the late transition phase of being vegan. I would have been vegan for quite a few months by now if it wasn't for chocolate and bites of my friends' ice cream when we go out. I don't order these things myself- I always order the vegan option wherever we go. Buuut when I finish my food and see my friends slowly and happily eating their brownie or rocky road ice cream, I break down and ask for some. I only have a bite, but it still bothers me that I don't control myself enough to resist. It's not like I want to deprive myself, either, so I just give in. I guess I love some sweet things so much that I can't seem to give them up right now. Has anyone gone through this too?
(By the way, this applies to samples of cookies, bread sticks, etc.)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've just sat with a 1/2 empty bag of cheese corn chips next to me for just over an hour...

My brother had friends over, they left, and my brother gave the rest to me...

They contain cheese powder and milk.. but I love corn chips..... And I mean I'm not even Vegan.. I just hardly ever eat milk/egg things...

But damnit all I gave in....

(there was salsa too
my favoooourite but that contains Carmine colouring... WHO THE HELL COLOURS SALSA?!?!... So right now I'm smelling the salsa... They say a lot of taste is made up in smell)

Danny

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Ya.. chocolate was the big one for me. At the beginning of the year, I discovered Hershey's Hugs and I'd devour bags of them. I really didn't think I could make that final switch. But, you'd be amazed at the alternatives. I just love Chocolate Hemp Ice Cream and it's completely vegan.

I have noticed that my craving for sweets has declined a lot, but when I do get the urge I whip up a batch of chocolate rice krispie squares. Pick up a cookbook called "How it all Vegan". It has loads of yummy recipes.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
The chocolate thing was easy for me because I never liked milk-chocolate anyway...

For some people live without milk-chocolate seem unbearable...

I think I understand it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds like me when I first TRIED to quit smoking. LOL. I would never buy the cigarettes....but if someone OFFERED them to me, that was a different story. I did quit eventually though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hehe... I used to keep a vegan chocolate bar in my purse at all times until the cravings subsided. They do subside. Although I do still get the occasional craving for chocolate... But I am not tempted... I guess when I knew I had something chocolate for myself, I wasn't as tempted.

Plus, it doesn't hurt to have chocolate around.

·
Registered
520 Posts
there are sooo many good vegan substitutes for all the kind of junk food i loved (ice cream, cookies, etc) that i don't really miss the "real" thing... i went vegan overnite about ... two februaries ago... from eating meat and cheese and all. i would suggest finding vegan subs you like.. there are tons of options.

and learning to bake really good stuff always helped too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts