VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching the debut of this season's Next Food Network Star I got to thinking ...

If I was given a cooking show, what would it be about? What would it be called?

I'm not sure what it'd be called, but I'm sure the theme would be truck stop and classic diner style cooking. Like a greasy spoon place, only not so greasy. And meat-free. (Dairy- and egg-free as well, but I could see mentioning that scaring some people off that would otherwise be interested).

How about you? You have a cooking show, what would it be?

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Cooking on the run

The perfect show for an under-represented dietary group in cooking shows: just-escaped prison inmates who break into farm houses in the countryside and need to improvise good meals from the unpredictable stock of ingredients of someone else's kitchen. The show helps you to make something tasty and healthy, but also quick enough so that the cops don't get to you before you move on.

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Why not "Cooking with the Runs", Seven? Or "Cooking to GIVE the RUNS"?

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Your imagination is more disturbing than mine.
My proudest VB moment.

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
just-escaped prison inmates who break into farm houses in the countryside and need to improvise good meals from the unpredictable stock of ingredients of someone else's kitchen
They do something like that on The Splendid Table radio show, except without the escaped prisoner angle. And several TV shows have done 'make something good using only ingredients raided from someplace (mall food court/carnival/dorm rooms and so on)'. Always entertaining.

I'd watch it. Not sure the warden would let inmates watch though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Any sort of fully vegan/vegetarian show on the Food Network would be a blessing, to me. I love that channel, but it is so sad to watch it now. Almost everything has some sort of meat. I even get excited about some recipes, thinking of ways I could turn them veggie. But it would be nice if there would be a show where I wouldn't have to think about the recipes, because I knew they were all appropriate.

But if I could live out my wildest dream: a vegan diabetic baking show! That would be pure heaven!

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
I would do the drunk kitchen thing, except about 5 minutes into it, I would start thinking about someone who really pissed me off and decide I need to go confront them right then. In other words, it would take an hour for me to make a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
a veg*n cooking show that scours restaurants across the country to find:
episode one: the best gourmet sandwich.
episode two: the best canelloni.
episode 3: the best nachos.

you get the idea.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've always thought a show that visited different countries to explore ethnic vegetarian dishes. Most every culture has some veggie dishes and if people were more aware of this they might be more open to at least trying more options.

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
I've always thought a show that visited different countries to explore ethnic vegetarian dishes.
Aces! I'd watch that. I'm always amazed that non-veg types often talk about being able to eat "everything", then you look at what they actually DO eat and come up with a small handful of dishes that resemble what they ate growing up. "Can" and "do" being very different things, I guess.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
it would have nada to do with ME cooking.....it would show me matching sales and coupons for awesome deals on food and having someone else cook it....LOL.....and it would show me making reservations and ordering take-out cause I can do that like no other.....

peace

·
Registered
691 Posts
"I Ruined Another "F***ing Meal!"

Starring me as the inept chef who starts cooking quinoa, artichokes, etc.; forgets to set the timer, walks away, gets distracted doing 20 other things (cleaning, playing with the furkids, reading e-mail, doing laundry) and doesn't realize the pot has boiled dry, vegetables burned in oven until smoke is billowing out of the kitchen and smoke detectors are going off. This is followed by me running around opening windows, turning off the stove/oven, getting the pups into the back yard so they are not inhaling smoke and me cursing a blue streak. It usually ends with me throwing out yet another destroyed pot saying, "I ruined another f***ing meal"....

I don't think the Food Network would pick up the series...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts