VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are currently vegetarians that still use a little dairy. Not much but, some. So, a week or so ago we were saying how we would like to have an ice cream sandwich. I bought some at the grocery store, not having had one for a very, very, long time.

I have virtually no dairy in my diet. Just a little cheese from time to time but, very little. So, I eat this ice cream sandwich and it made me feel like crap. I felt kinda like I had been hit by a truck. It made me feel sick for a while and at bed time I had indigestion.

Have you experienced anything like this?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Yep, I mentioned in another thread, I had half a plate of cheese ravioli and had stomach cramps for the rest of the night. I am now vegan lol

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Oh yeah, I tried to eat dairy after not having some for a long time and got very sick. Like stomach cramps and being stuck in the bathroom with... unpleasantness all night. Not fun, makes it easier to stay vegan though

I highly recommend trying some Tofutti Cuties, or So Delicious coconut milk ice cream sandwiches. All of the deliciousness with no dairy

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
So Delicious makes some nice ice cream sandwiches too.

I used to struggle with cheese and would often get sick when eating it after a couple of months away from dairy. Urgh..nasty business.

·
Registered
74 Posts
In Australia we have a brand called "So Good" (www.sanitarium.com.au) that makes soy milk, flavored milk and icecream (and lots of other vegan/vegetarian goodies). My wife cant eat normal icecream because it makes her feel sick. We have been eating soy icecream even before we stopped eating meat.

Never had it on a sandwich tho... Prefer it with bananas. mmmm =)

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
I've never had the So Delicious ones (never seen them! Now I'm on a search), but I also suggest Tofutti Cuties. I've only had the mint, vanilla, and chocolate ones, but there are some other flavors that I've never seen. I wasn't that much of a fan of the chocolate one, but the mint and vanilla were good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I made the mistake of eating a cheese enchilada the other day and have been sick for a day and a half. I won't be making this choice again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

third vote!
I fourth it!! The "banana split" flavor is my favorite! <3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts