VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt like going shopping so I went around and dragged my brother's girlfriend along with me.

It ended up I didn't buy anything (I wanted to get some parts for the car but wasn't sure about model numbers etc. when I got there)...... but my brother's GF bought quite a bit (including U2's Rattle and Hum on DVD for my birthday; it has 11 more songs than the CD, two of which I have been eager to listen to).

Anyway, after we left the shopping centre she wanted to get her dinner at McDonalds. So I drove into the car park and said "I'm coming in too".

"No way! Stay here!" she replies.

"You can't make me."

"Please, do NOT say anything," she asked. I promised.

Anyway, I was behaved. Although the place stank worse than I ever recall it stinking like. But they actually sell overseas calling cards, one of which has rates of 2 cents per minute to major countries (USA, UK, Canada).

I also grabbed some of their "fact" sheets; Caring for the Environment, The Facts about our Food, and Healthy Balance. Interesting.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I agree on the smell with you Kurmudgeon.. I recently went to Burger King to get my boyfriend's little sister and her friend kid's meals and I seriously gagged as they ordered.

Although I do go through the drive through for McDonald's fruity parfait thingy once in awhile..I will not go in those places at all anymore.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I think I *might* be able to deal with the smell at McDonald's, since, if memory serves me correctly, it smells more like their fries than their gagburgers. The restaurant I know for a fact I couldn't go into without retching is Burger King. Ugh. I just drive by that place and I can smell those putrid things cooking. Blech.

Heck, I even felt sick yesterday when my mother was warming up a Morningstar chik'n pattie!

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
I just moved in with an omnivore this past month and smelled eggs cooking for the first time in probably 2 years! Wow! I don't remember the smell of scrambled eggs being so obnoxious before! The entire house smelled like cooked eggs, and the smell didn't go away for a couple hours!

I'd love to here some of their environmental facts - Are you going to share with us anything good?

I'm curious to find out if they are actually trying to do anything positive about the environment! What they really need to do is give us a McDonald's Human Rights fact sheet. Now that'd be interesting.

Speaking of fast food companies not telling the truth, I read that PeTA is sueing KFC because their website www.kfc.com is misleading about the animal welfare their food receives before it's killed - I dug up the webpages in question - http://www.kfc.com/about/animalwelfare_principles.htm

·
Banned
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael

Let me know how the dvd is. I've never been a U2 fan but Rattle and Hum is one of my favorite cd's. I've always thought about getting the dvd.
It's great. I think it's just like the VHS version except better sound and video, of course.

The movie version of Rattle and Hum also has 11 songs not on the CD:

Exit

Gloria

In God's Country

Bad

Ruby Tuesday

Sympathy for the Devil

Where the streets have no name

MLK

With or without you

Running to stand still

Sunday bloody Sunday

It also has snippets of interviews.

I'd only ever seen it for $40 but found it for $20 (so then I didn't feel so bad about my brother and his girlfriend getting me a birthday present).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.