VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know any vegans in person.. which sucks. So.. I want to find people online to be "friends" with, that are vegan.
Any takers? lol I'm a girl in my early 20s, vegan, and ready to chat! please private message me.

*thanks for the advice

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganrockstar View Post

*yes I know putting your email in a public place is a BAD idea ...
A VERY bad idea indeed.

Edit the post to delete your email.

Invite people to PM you instead.

Give your email only to people you want to email from there.

Just an idea!

Welcome to the forum, btw

·
Registered
656 Posts
I know what you mean- I have arranged to live with the same uni hall mates next year, they are fine but there meat eating is annoying to live with, and I do wish I could house up with someone veg*n.

Would love to chat but as I am only a humble Vegetarian I don't meet your criteria!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well first of all we have the same avatar-lol
I don't know many vegs either. That's why I came on the fourms they really help with the vegan loneliness :p If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to message me

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have a school instructor who is vegan, but dont hang out with anybody who isnt vegan (but vegetarian) on a regular basis. its difficult but doable lol thank god for VB

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
The best way to make lots of productive vegan friendships in my opinion is to join a vegan group in your area. In my country there are some great vegan organisations specifically aimed at younger people so you won't find yourself the only young person in a amongst a group of much older adults. Have you tried googling for something like that where you live?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
There aren't a ton of vegans nearby where I live.

I'll have to make a mental note to go make some more next time I get some vacation days.

I make vegans sometimes. Did you know that? I've probably made a couple of dozen so far. Someone made me into one, once upon a time, too. I don't regret it, but we're no longer friends..so maybe my idea isn't a good way to make friends either.

Drat. Back to the drawing board.

And hey, speaking of friendship, does anyone else find it overrated?

No friendship ever has a happy ending. When one ends, there's usually resentment. Or death. Or both...

Like that girl who educated me about vegan issues. She's kinda dead, but also not my friend anymore either, which is a double negative..but somehow not a positive.

Damn.

Learn to love yourself first..and expect betrayal and letdowns at every stage of your life.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

..and expect betrayal and letdowns at every stage of your life.
That is really very sad.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

And hey, speaking of friendship, does anyone else find it overrated?
Yeah, out of necessity. Vegan friends would be nice. Problem is, so many of them have totally twisted views about other issues, making them apparently impossible to really be friends with.

I'm especially amused by the ones who have high standards that they, themselves, are exempt from.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Why is it necessary that your friends are vegan? I mean, it's nice to have things in common, but if I expected everyone I hung around with to hold themselves to the exact same moral standards that I do I'd either be very bored or very alone.

Sometimes if you hang around omnis long enough they'll realize how awesome your food tastes and how cool your fake leather shoes are and your veganism may 'rub off' on them. It's happened to me a number of times!

·
Registered
25 Posts
seriously, my friends dont get me. they think its cute to offer me chicken or ask when I'm going to start eating ice cream again.. it would be nice to talk to someone who can relate to my lifestyle. I've got tons of friends- none vegan. It would just be cool to know at least one I could chat with.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrighteyesx View Post

seriously, my friends dont get me. they think its cute to offer me chicken or ask when I'm going to start eating ice cream again.. it would be nice to talk to someone who can relate to my lifestyle. I've got tons of friends- none vegan. It would just be cool to know at least one I could chat with.
Isn't that what we're doing here?
(Also, sorry your friends are jerks like that)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Why is it necessary that your friends are vegan?
i reckon that anyone who holds vegan values very close to their heart would know the answer to that one cuz theyve lived it

1 - 20 of 56 Posts