VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just decided that I want a crone ceremony after I've gone through menopause.

I'm not quite there yet. I'm still perimenopausal because I'm still menstruating, but I'm 52 years old, so I expect the "change" to happen sometime in the next few years.

In ancient times, crones, or postmenopausal women, were elders of their community and revered for their wisdom and knowledge. I want to be revered for my wisdom and knowledge. So I want a crone ceremony ushering me into this new stage of my life.

I have no idea how to go about it. But this is what I want.

Who's with me on this?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I'm in!

Will there be cake?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, of course. You can't have a crone ceremony without cake. I'm quite certain there will also be some dancing and singing and possibly some drumming and chanting.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I have just decided that I want a crone ceremony after I've gone through menopause.

I'm not quite there yet. I'm still perimenopausal because I'm still menstruating, but I'm 52 years old, so I expect the "change" to happen sometime in the next few years.

In ancient times, crones, or postmenopausal women, were elders of their community and revered for their wisdom and knowledge. I want to be revered for my wisdom and knowledge. So I want a crone ceremony ushering me into this new stage of my life.

Who's with me on this?
I'm so glad you included an explanation as to what a crone ceremony is, because I was like, "WTF is a crone/ceremony?" lol

52 was the magic number for me...wish I knew about this a few years ago. But count me in...I'll have mine when you have yours!!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
And my ax- I mean, pie.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
No beer. We must have pink martinis. And bloody mary's (see what I did there? eh eh?)

And cookies shaped like uteri.

And LOTS OF CHOCOLATE!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

No beer. We must have pink martinis. And bloody mary's (see what I did there? eh eh?)

And cookies shaped like uteri.

And LOTS OF CHOCOLATE!
I'm down with this.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
only if it's dark chocolate.

milk chocolate is for babies.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Chocolate doesn't do anything for me.

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]Except for making me look like I just ate poop.[/SPOILER]

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

*still misses milk chocolate*
I guess when I stopped eating milk-chocolate on it's own, I got a distaste for the side-taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spang View Post

Chocolate doesn't do anything for me.

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]Except for making me look like I just ate poop.[/SPOILER]
Only babies eat messy ya'know.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Who says men are invited, anyway?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

Who says men are invited, anyway?
Because I will bring pie and cake as a humble offering.

The vegan kind.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Quote:

Who's with me on this?
Confucius say - wise man admits he knows nothing.

Confucius also say - wise man seeks not praise nor acclaim.

Confucius say as running away - wise woman not wise man.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Quote:

Well, of course. You can't have a crone ceremony without cake. I'm quite certain there will also be some dancing and singing and possibly some drumming and chanting.
I want to dance, drum and chant!!!! I'm only 4 years behind you so I'll join in the revelry!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts