VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fafafrappys got me hooked on it!

I've had it 4 times in the last 2 days.... I'm addicted!!

And it's so simple!!

Freeze like 2 banana's peeled and cut in an air-tight container (Otherwise they go brown and weird....)

Then when they are frozen shove them in the blender until they are all crushed up...

Then you most likely need to add some water... I normally add about 1/8 of a cup....

And then just keep blending it and it goes so creamy and good

Too bad I'm outta bananas...

Oh and if you don't have a blender it works in a food processor too (We got one today
)

Danny

·
Registered
507 Posts
I JUST had that about 20 minutes ago and YES I'm hooked too. Where did I read this again? Must have been this board
It's so simple. I love making it with some rice milk instead of water, adds something ice-cream-ey, hehe.

Is it bad to eat half your calories from bananas?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, he was hilarious! Sparrow was great for comic relief!
I loved it!

"I used human hair... from my back.."

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
This so weird - i went to a raw foods class on Tuesday night and one of the things that the teacher made was banana cream that is very similiar to this.
She put frozen bananas through her juicer, but she said you could do it in a blender if you don't have a juicer. Just make sure the banans aren't rock hard when you start so you don't break the blender. The ice cream was so good, those of us in the class were fighting over the leftovers
I give it two thumbs up!!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by VegAnna

Is it bad to eat half your calories from bananas?
Do you really want me to answer this question?

Quote:
Originally posted by kraftykraft

This so weird - i went to a raw foods class on Tuesday night and one of the things that the teacher made was banana cream that is very similiar to this.
She put frozen bananas through her juicer, but she said you could do it in a blender if you don't have a juicer.
That's what I do, cause we have a Champion, I do it with just about any fruit!!! Peaches are excellent. Today I'm going to try frozen oranges!

BTW, would you mind sharing some of the things you saw in the Raw Recipes thread right in this forum?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the recipe/instructions for this are also in the fit for like cook books. they were published in the late 1980's. marilyn and harvey diamond wrote them and they include variations on the theme.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have actually been thinking of making something like this for one of my "experiments", figured I could add some of the soy milk I just made........it would make yummy ice cream........now I gotta go buy some bananas as they keep disappearing around here.

Keegan, your idea would work great too.

I normally freeze my bananas in ziplock bags so they don't clump together, you want them to be individual little frozen pieces that aren't touching. The thinner you slice them the easier your blender will handle them unless you have a mack daddy one like mine which will handle anything you can put in it, guess that is why they cost $300-$500.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Oatmeal - Sorry I just saw your post. I would be happy to share the recipes that I got from the class. I don't have the paper with me right now, but I will post as soon as I can. I think I said this before, but I was pleasantly surprised by all of the food. When I first got the recipes - I looked at them and I though "what am I in for?", but I had seconds and even thirds on everything.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
okay, not the same as you mentioned, but the one I made tonight had 1 banana, about 3/4 cup of soy milk, a touch of Stevia, and about 1 1/2 cups of ice, put it in my champ blender...this made one huge serving for my dear husband who didn't want the watermelon ice I gave the girls - only because I spoiled him with my banana chips I made in my new dehydrator last night...he said he didn't want anything to interfere with the banana taste he still had in his mouth. he said he loved it, but was too cold to finish it and had to go get under the covers. I tried it and it was good, I just wasn't in the mood for any frozen concoctions tonight.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts