VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://farmsanctuary.org/adopt/sponsor.htm

I've been wanting to do this forever and we finally can afford it. I just signed up yesterday, so I don't have a photo of our pig yet, but I'll make sure to post it when I do!

Does anyone else do this? I'm going to Farm Sanctuary next summer, so I'll actually get to visit our "adoptee". I can't wait!

·
Registered
878 Posts
aww thats sso cute

thats so great of you !

ive heard of all kinds of wild aniamls and cats and dogs but never farm animals

how much was it ?

how much of the procceds go directly to the animals

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The amount depends on the animal. You can see them all from the link I provided if you go into the "monthly sponsorship form" link that's on the page.

All the money that we give each month feeds the pig & helps to take care of him/her. So, we're basically "supporting" the pig financially while he/she lives at the farm.

They have sponsorships for as little as $10 a month, so it can be pretty affordable!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I am sponsering two cats at the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary out in Utah. Both of my cats were feral cats so they live at the sanctuary. I have pictures and bios of them. I was so excited that I was able to do something to help, even if it was just a little bit.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by kraftykraft

I am sponsering two cats at the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary out in Utah. Both of my cats were feral cats so they live at the sanctuary. I have pictures and bios of them. I was so excited that I was able to do something to help, even if it was just a little bit.
That's really cool. I should consider doing that, too. I would love to actually adopt more cats, but my kitty is much happier being a lone kitty. Other cats harrass her horribly and she ends up miserable.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks!

I didn't know one could sponsor animals like this.

Seems like a great project for my Brownie Girl Scout troop to do this coming year! I think they'll like it, I've got a couple of tiny animal lovers.

Melina

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi, all. Even though we aren't going to stay at the Farm Sanctuary, I think that I'll try to get out there. If anyone has animal that they have sponsored, list them here, and I'll try to get pics for you. I will have my digital camera with me. We'll be going sometime the 2nd to 3rd week in August, so I'll post here again before I leave and you can remind me which animal belongs to whom.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Flower, That's cool about your piggy friend & great of you to help. We definitely plan to do this type of thing. Some of the groups can use donations of gently used pet items, or your time volunteering too. It's so cool that there are all these wonderful sanctuaries, it always makes me teary when I visit their web pages

MelinaM, sounds like a great idea for the troop. How sweet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.