VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just dropped the kids off at school and was on my way home, when I saw an animal up ahead run across the road. As I got closer, another one went right in front of me. I've never seen wild ones before. I would have been scared, if I hadn't been in my van. I watched them run away...right through someone's back yard. Then, one of them stopped and stared at me. I guess their coming down from the hills, because the deer are.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of the mountain lions was about the size of my labs (and my labs are very big labs - about 100 lbs) The other looked to be about half grown and was spotted. They looked so incredibly wild...I have seen plenty of joggers on that very spot. Like I said, I was happy that I was in my van, but it was wonderful to see them in the wild.

It is sad that the wild animals are basically starving and finding in necessary to come into the "city" I've seen lots of deer, this year.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have lost a few cats...I'd like to think that the found new homes, but probably not. There are some coyotes around...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I saw a javalina a couple of days ago...was my first sighting since moving to NM 4 1/2 years ago.

The rest of the family had already seen some. Once, when they were out for a walk with our labs, the labs suddenly came running back to the humans for safety. (A couple of javalinas were chasing them) and to protect our youngest children, my husband stood in the path of one of them, and received a small gash on his leg from one of their tusks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts