VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tripped over this site tonight, thought I'd drop in and say hi. I've been a proud vegan since June of last year, and a pescatarian before that for many years. The more I look into veganism, largely to improve my own well-being - morally, psychologically, physically, nutritionally, spiritually, philosophically, etc. - as it relates to our world, I have zero doubt that it is the right thing to do, especially for a man who has made it a general goal to somehow transcend his animal nature. It's rare to have such unwavering faith in something. If I were Christian I would join the priesthood.

So hello. It's a pleasure to be here.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Awww! Cute icon!

I have a siamese too, her name's Baby...

it's amazing how LOUD those cats are!! They are said to be the most vocal. They never shut up! XD

Welcome to the veggie forum... don't ever mention SHRIMP

I'm serious. I'm warning you, don't ever mention it

You'll get plastered man

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automata View Post

The more I look into veganism, largely to improve my own well-being - morally, psychologically, physically, nutritionally, spiritually, philosophically, etc. [as it relates to our world, I have zero doubt that it is the right thing to do, especially for a man who has made it a general goal to somehow transcend his animal nature].
Excuse the "[]" brackets, I just wanted to sway one part of your text "as it relates to our world," onto the latter part of your sentence as it seems to compliment that half of it better! (which then made me have a bit of a brain-wave).....

Of course those are all excellent & important roundification (well rounded) highlights of the human condition, but moreto the other thing, which is how to quanitify meaning of so much happening in the world without losing the plot or if we do lose the plot, not to lose our sense of direction or purpose entirely.

And add to that ways in which to maintain points of reason....which allow credible ways experiencing a very challenging world from any perspective.

BELOW is what IN US ALL relates to our world (or the world to us) and which can be put in 2 main catagories out of 3 (if you will).... (as instant & prototype analysis of largely loose reckoning thought, so bear with me on this and to present it, since the human animal feels the overpowering need to catagorize, I might just make use of that a moment BELOW, to have case in points more clearly assessed)

TITLE?? What'll it be??

I GUESS ITS ABOUT DECISIONS....EMPATHY/REGARD FOR THE WORLD AROUND US?? (I admit the following is not a very 3D or multi-dimensional exercise, for bettering judgement/outlook on the world, but then its not an arguement, sooo I'm just being spectre I guess)

1) To acknowledge the extent to which we can make a difference and act upon it

2) Making a basis for ourselves on whether we conciously decide relating to ANY part of this world other than for our OWN MEANS,<gasp!!> ...can do us justice at the same time!!! And whether generally in reaction to a perception of it as a hell or a heaven or nothing but an out of kilter status quo gone mad (not BTW dictated by anything much to do with heaven or hell as such, unless religious...Speaking of which I get your joke,
that was cool)

I don't have so much to say for numbers 1 and 2 as nothing GOOD in life gets payed attention, AIN'T THAT SO!!!!!

Now I know I have you all wondering why a "3" if I had only 2 out of 3 to mention right? well since 3 is so bad OR JUST A MISTAKE, and BAD gets ATTENTION, you might be all/some of you wishing a number 3, soooo here it is:

3?) THE LOST CONTINGENCY err PLAN: "WHAT IF" we create for ourselves a nothing?? a place inside of us where there is no catagory (I bet we all wish that sometimes, as occasionally it maybe the only option it may SEEM!!) so then in that apathy inducing mindset everything we try to define fails, and everything is a brush of tar, as we go around trying to paint the world with it, or put simply we don't bother to comprehend much about the world at all, is all the third option has on offer (according to my shady reckoning) of how we may choose to sum things up about our world in a word or two, and in doing so lets be selfish as hell (NOT!!!)....and let All Things wash over us in ignorance bliss/stupidity. :p

Sooo anyway, that in very contrite fashion is a very quick snapshot of my thoughts, for WAYS IN WHICH TO VIEW THE WORLD... I'm not saying it to cover all bases though...

Quote:
It's rare to have such unwavering faith in something.
Yeah True that totally, and I just know you don't mean religious, so thats cool too!!!
You see, ahhh, doesn't religion just pop up everywhere, its whats wrong with the world !!! I don't intend mentioning it if I can help it.

Quote:
If I were Christian I would join the priesthood.
Me neither...errr no... neither nor either, hehe

Quote:
So hello. It's a pleasure to be here.
Pleasure to have you here, so that you can pleasure yourself, well you know what I mean. j/k Welcome!!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Welcome, newbie.
Congrats on having such strong beliefs, automata.

Though a Christian priesthood may not be for you, other alternatives exist. Certainly other faiths have priesthoods, but you could also join some kind of commune or co-housing arrangement. Plus, even if you work a regular type of job, many of the principals of not using more than you need you can still apply.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Lucine- My Grandfather had a Siamese cat named Baby too! She lived to be 21 years old. I remember that she was also very *vocal* and Siamese cats can be a bit mean. When I was a kid I had numerous scratches to prove it too! But I still like those cats. I had wanted to get one but they're quite expensive now~

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post

Plus, even if you work a regular type of job, many of the principals of not using more than you need you can still apply.
Yo, for that you want here automaton!!! I mean no offer of a job
, but errr, oh wait I just called you automaton (can I stick with that?)..... Anyway, this serious linky could well be "the biz & the shiz" for the simple stuff in life that maybe needs some analysis....(as you will see I attempted).....Well, guess you're thinking, why some of us are giving you all this direction...and I dunno, but I would say happenstance/ off the bat you can feel special because of it

http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...99#post1491599 "rVijay" is totally THE PERSON who knows her stuff when it comes to frugality and simplicity for a better life... Respect to you rVijay!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, thanks for all the welcoming responses.

First of all, no, the Siamese is not mine (Googled). He/she sure is a looker, though. But part of my personal belief system says that owning pets is wrong, except under very specific circumstances. I've had pet cats in the past, and find myself longing to have more (and I dont kid myself that much of this has to do with not having a girlfriend at the moment), but I won't until they can be free to be themselves (i.e., running around outside, adventuring, getting into trouble, hunting, scratching and climbing trees, etc., without the worry of cars running them down). I mean, we all deserve that, don't we? To be free to be ourselves?

Lucine - Hehe. Yeah, I'm okay. Soft landing.

VA~goth~UK - Thanks for the thoughts and the link to the link. I'm all about voluntary simplicity, but dammit if it's not a complicated task! We have to fight what I consider our greatest nemesis - entropy - every step of the way, don't we?

And the rest of you: You're warm welcome is appreciated!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Welcome.

Great intro post!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts