VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you're singin' my song.

i've pretty much been in this apartment for the last 9 months straight. my son is 6.5 months old, and i'm a SAHM. and i was on bedrest for the last part of my pregnancy. and i live in a town full of rednecks, so i have no friends. there's nowhere to go and nothing to do....so besides the occasional stroller walk, here i sit.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
You're telling me?!

Other than to walk my dogs, I only leave the house maybe once or twice a week to go grocery shopping or run errands. Sometimes not even that much.

I can go several days without speaking to another human being (other than telemarketers or someone asking if I need my lawn mowed).

If I were to die, there is no telling how long it would take before someone realized it.

Tonight, I'll walk Gavin then loaf around the house bored out of my witts.

I can't wait to move.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
You'd be suprised how many people are jealous of the "boring" life. My husband and I don't get out too much (we have a 3yr old) but everyone wishes they had our life. Who knew it would be glamorous?!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Ahhh, yes... same boat... I stay in all the time. I love spending time with my girl, even when she's ultra crabby and I want to bury my head. Then I think about the alternative of working and not watching her grow up and I'm happy. I don't mind, though. I enjoy every moment I spend here on Vb... err I mean with the baby... LOL.. But no, I wouldn't want to do anything else besides stay in and watch Alladin with my girl and eat our rice and beans on a Friday night.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am in the same boat. I can hear my husband laughing at America's Funniest Home Videos which is our Friday night ritual while the baby plays in his crib until he falls asleep. At least on Fridays we go OUT to dinner.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I'm there too... it's Friday night and I was watching Law and Order SVU and 20/20. For 2 months before I started work, I think I could count the number of times I left my house on one hand.

Going out is over-rated...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.