VeggieBoards banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm pretty sure mederma isnt vegan, and bio oil has not-so-nice chemicals in it.<br><br>
Is there a good vegan alternative ? i need to buy something quick, i have an acne scar on my chest and its so annoying

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've heard that Vit E capsules works well when opened an applied on the scar. I've never personally tried this, but have heard of others that have had good success with it. Not sure if it's Vegan or not.

·
Banned
437 Posts
I like jojoba oil for this. Desert Essence sells a 100% pure one, and you can get it at health food stores or on Amazon. The key for acne marks, in my experience, is keeping the area clean and moisturized, and just waiting it out - it could take some time to fade completely.<br><br>
You can put a few drops of jojoba into your moisturizer, or just glide a tiny, tiiiiny bit over the area (too much can feel greasy).

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
I used JASON Vitamin E oil about five months ago, it did help to fade some scars, other scars it didn't touch. I used it for about two months.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have to jet, so i'm sorry I don't have time to check if these two things are vegan, but they've been in the house and I've had great success with Dermatix and especially Elastoplast, although quite expensive...my mom had them in the house and wasn't using them so I might as well use them. Hopefully they both are vegan because they work very well.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I massaged my hysterectomy scar with coconut oil and I feel it helped it fade--and also kept the area more elastic so it wouldn't tighten up--but you probably don't need that for acne scars.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
My surgeon told me that the act of rubbing a scar increases circulation and helps it to fade. He said it doesn't matter what you're rubbing into it, it's just the act of massage that helps.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I use Jason aloe vera gel, it doesn't clog pores so the scar tissue heals from oxygen. It also won't cause more acne.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'm going to try some of these on my pregnancy battle scars (stretch marks)

·
Registered
1 Posts
my experience

I used Mederma because i had 5 scars from surgery, but but its didnt work that well or very fast. I now use the Dr Max Powers Scar Serum and I noticed that right away they made the scars smoother and less pink.

I've use this Dr Max Powers Scar Serum about five at a time, and I will continue doing so till its gone. They are about 50% gone after 1 month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts