VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I buy all my personal products from Lush. They have shampoo, lotions, and body wash. Not all of them are vegan, but only because of honey, none are tested on animals.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I usually pay $18 for the 250mL. I'm not a rep so I'm not going to defend their ridiculous prices

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I've heard some people recommend White Rain, but I've never been sure about their vegan bona fides. Dr. Bronner's is a castille soap liquid or solid. Chandrika and Kirk's are bar soaps. I ****ing love Chandrika, but haven't used it in a while.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
~

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

The Lush solid shampoos are about $11. They last a really long time, too. I've been using them for about a year, and I'm only on my second one.
Do you use their soap, too?

·
Registered
585 Posts
uh not a fan of lush at all! Their products are full of harshness like SLS and parabens. I tried Cynthia Stout shampoo and Veganese conditioner. The Stout dries out my hair. The Veganese was ok but I had to use sooo much of it. Plus its pretty pricy. I'm using Avalon products now...so much nicer.

Also, beware of EGG WHITES in their shampoos and conditioners. EW

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainWinthrope View Post

I've heard some people recommend White Rain, but I've never been sure about their vegan bona fides.
Their site says that they don't use animal products and have never tested on animals. Sounds vegan to me.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Quote:

The bad thing about an $11 bar of shampoo that lasts 5-6 months is that if you don't like the scent, you still have a ton of shampoo left.
I have a bunch of bars and half filled bottles all over my tub, after they weren't doing what I wanted after a week
But every time I go to the mall I have to go in...and buy moooore

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

The bad thing about an $11 bar of shampoo that lasts 5-6 months is that if you don't like the scent, you still have a ton of shampoo left.
I don't have a sense of smell (or it's very weak), so that won't be a problem for me.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vMaryv View Post

uh not a fan of lush at all! Their products are full of harshness like SLS and parabens. I tried Cynthia Stout shampoo and Veganese conditioner. The Stout dries out my hair. The Veganese was ok but I had to use sooo much of it. Plus its pretty pricy. I'm using Avalon products now...so much nicer.

Also, beware of EGG WHITES in their shampoos and conditioners. EW
What's SLS?

Edit: Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. Not on the list of ingredients on the bottle in my bathroom, it uses ALS instead.

I use Lush products, and I like 'em.

And egg whites are nothing compared to some of the crap pumped into a lot of hair products.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts