VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,349 Posts
I buy all my personal products from Lush. They have shampoo, lotions, and body wash. Not all of them are vegan, but only because of honey, none are tested on animals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,349 Posts
I usually pay $18 for the 250mL. I'm not a rep so I'm not going to defend their ridiculous prices
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
I've heard some people recommend White Rain, but I've never been sure about their vegan bona fides. Dr. Bronner's is a castille soap liquid or solid. Chandrika and Kirk's are bar soaps. I ****ing love Chandrika, but haven't used it in a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,938 Posts
~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

The Lush solid shampoos are about $11. They last a really long time, too. I've been using them for about a year, and I'm only on my second one.
Do you use their soap, too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
uh not a fan of lush at all! Their products are full of harshness like SLS and parabens. I tried Cynthia Stout shampoo and Veganese conditioner. The Stout dries out my hair. The Veganese was ok but I had to use sooo much of it. Plus its pretty pricy. I'm using Avalon products now...so much nicer.

Also, beware of EGG WHITES in their shampoos and conditioners. EW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainWinthrope View Post

I've heard some people recommend White Rain, but I've never been sure about their vegan bona fides.
Their site says that they don't use animal products and have never tested on animals. Sounds vegan to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

The bad thing about an $11 bar of shampoo that lasts 5-6 months is that if you don't like the scent, you still have a ton of shampoo left.
I have a bunch of bars and half filled bottles all over my tub, after they weren't doing what I wanted after a week
But every time I go to the mall I have to go in...and buy moooore
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

The bad thing about an $11 bar of shampoo that lasts 5-6 months is that if you don't like the scent, you still have a ton of shampoo left.
I don't have a sense of smell (or it's very weak), so that won't be a problem for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vMaryv View Post

uh not a fan of lush at all! Their products are full of harshness like SLS and parabens. I tried Cynthia Stout shampoo and Veganese conditioner. The Stout dries out my hair. The Veganese was ok but I had to use sooo much of it. Plus its pretty pricy. I'm using Avalon products now...so much nicer.

Also, beware of EGG WHITES in their shampoos and conditioners. EW
What's SLS?

Edit: Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. Not on the list of ingredients on the bottle in my bathroom, it uses ALS instead.

I use Lush products, and I like 'em.

And egg whites are nothing compared to some of the crap pumped into a lot of hair products.
 
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Top